Thursday, February 28, 2013

Love in a NUTSHELL

Listen. We all know this thing called love. People love to love.

Which is why I've chosen to read Janet Evanovich & Dorien Kelly's Love in a Nutshell!



And I must say if you've yet to read it... PLEASE jump on the bandwagon. My heart fluttered and the smile stayed on my face through the entire thing!

Now most of you know that I also am a part of Afterglow Book Reviews, and though this tale was a total AFTERGLOW! Those reviews are for Middle Grade and Young Adult. That being said this novel could not go unnoticed!

During this revising and querying time, along with waiting to hear adoption news, it kept my mind at ease!!! So lets get to the fun of it all! The review!!!

Review:

Kate Appleton is a hot mess and from page one that will entice you.

Fact - She's lost her job.
Fact - She lives in an old broken down house that she'd like to make into a bed and breakfast.
Fact - She has no money.

This hard headed female doesn't let that stop her. She marches right to the gentlemen who got her fired in the first place. The hottie who owns a very popular brewery and who will soon own her heart, Matt.

He gives her a job - To spy on his employees. Some strange things have been happening and he wants to find out who's behind it. Kate agrees only after they negotiate a 'finders fee' for when she finds who did it. $20K to fix up the dilapidated house she currently resides in.

Danger brings them closer together and Matt falls heavy for Kate. She falls heavy for the money, and together they are both in harms way if they don't solve who's behind the bar fires, leaking of the beers, and various other dramas that reach them both.

This tale was AMAZING! Janet Evanovich is a rockstar and I have a new favorite author - Dorien Kelly. I give this novel five BRAVOS well done!


--

What delicious reads have you been reading? Tell me! I'd love a new read!

Also I wanted to share that a wonderful friend of mine thought I was a great choice for the best book blog and nominated me over at Jeff Goins' blog! I'm honored and feeling totally appreciated! Feel free to stop by the BLOG and vote for your favorite!!!

3 comments:

Aurora Smith said...

Voted! :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks for sharing about this. I hadn't heard of it and it sounds really good.

I'm almost finished with The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen. It is a super fantastic sequel to The False Prince, which I also so loved. I just love both books. I'll be sharing this on my blog in mid-March and can't wait. It's always so great to find authors and books we really love. Sounds like you have with this one too.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Definitely sounds like you were 'in love' with this book!! Got to love it when that happens. :)