I’ve come across an amazing blogger and author, please welcome the fabulous Juliette Sobanet (fabulous name, is it not?)… She blogs over at Chocolate for Writers (I know, what’s not to love), and her novel Sleeping with Paris was released this fall! You’ll want to snag a fabulous copy!
Of course I asked her some super fun questions! Aren't you curious as to what they are??? Here.We.Go.
1. What makes you unique?
I danced for most of my life taking ballet, tap, jazz and modern dance, and since I'm not currently taking any dance classes, I get these extreme urges to bust a move. So, be it in the car with my husband or at home on a boring weeknight, you may find me doing wild, interpretive dance moves to whatever song happens to be playing. Sometimes I can convince my husband to join the party, but usually he just thinks I'm crazy. Lucky for him, I don't this in front of anyone else. Well, maybe it's not so lucky for him . . .
2. What do you have handy at your bedside?
The most important thing would be earplugs. I have a 20 lb. and a 14 lb. cat who both love to start meowing at the bedroom door and swinging from the doorknob (the smaller one actually does this!) around 4am every morning. Earplugs are essential. I also usually have two or three good books for before-bed reading, but I'm usually so tired I can only get through a page or two at the most before passing out.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
I do. I actually love my handwriting. I've kept a journal since I was really little, and one of the things I've always loved most about journaling is seeing my handwriting on the page. My husband always makes me write things because he loves it too:) Plus his is a little messy . . .
4. Do you think Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?
Definitely. For most people, tea doesn't cut it. I also think they take breaks to drink other types of tea, because with all the tasty tea options out there, why would they drink just plain old Lipton? Well, probably because it's free, but still.
5. Where else would your characters sleep besides Paris?
They would sleep in a few other select towns in France: My personal favorite being Lyon, a beautiful city about two hours south of Paris by train. And they would also sleep in a gorgeous town in the French Alps called Annecy. Maybe in a future book they'll be sleeping at the French Riviera or in a chateau in the Loire Valley. And of course, they will always be sleeping next to their sexy French lover;)
Five one-word randoms
1. Winter or Summer in Paris: Summer definitely. But I do love the decorations on the Champs Élysées at Christmas time. So beautiful.
2. Croissant or Cinnamon Roll: Tough one. I'll have to go with a croissant. Can I fill it with chocolate though?
3. Neon or Pastel: Pastel. After we painted our condo (I chose the colors), my husband's friend told me our place looks like an Easter egg. So Pastel it is.
4. Do you cook or bake: Cook. I would love to bake more, but who has the time? Plus I have to save room for the croissants.
5. Bear or Mountain Lion: I'll have to go with mountain lion. I have two miniature mountain lions on either side of my computer right now staring me down. Looks like the lions are hungry.
Have questions you want to ask Juliette? How about other authors? What interesting questions do you have up your sleeves??