My fabulous friend and author Christina Mandelski released The Sweetest Thing in 2011 (if you haven't read this adorable novel, please get your hands on it!)
Anywho, at the release of her novel she shared a not-so-secret recipe for baking a book. It was a brilliant idea, especially since her novel is all about baking goodies! I wanted to share the brilliance behind it. It's an adorable way to market your book.
A not-so-secret recipe by Christina Mandelski
1. A pinch of an idea
2. Sweet & spicy characters
3. A haunted character
4. A dad who doesn't notice his daughter
5. A love triangle
6. A grandma, a priest, and a baker
7. A cup of setting
8. One large problem
9. A hearty helping of heart (romance, humor, anger, love)
10. Add in a generous helping of critique group, family, and friends
11. A great taste tester (an agent)
12. Finding the perfect bakery (publishing house)
Isn't this the cutest? So I'm curious... do you have your own recipe?