Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Musings

So I keep several notes in my phone and I thought today it'd be fun if I shared a few. I'll tell you this, I wish I could have recorded what was happening in that moment to understand why I wrote it. Half the things written don't make any sense!

Do you fall into the same habit?

1. Ask a writer where they've been. Chances are, you've never heard of it.

2. They say when you hit rock bottom there's no place to but up. I guess I'm not there yet.

3. I know what they mean now when they say death would be easier.

4. People ask why I can't remember their names. I tell them I reserve that space for my characters.

5. Serial killers dress like therapists in tweed jackets.

I suppose this gives you a little insight to what my brain produces. I can say this much... the last one definitely gives me the heebie jeebies. Why would I compare a serial killer to a therapist?

9 comments:

Jessica Lawson said...

Number 4 is my favorite :)

Bish Denham said...

Oh, I agree Jen, that last one is spooky. But wouldn't it make for a thriller of a story? A trusted therapist who's a serial killer?

Jemi Fraser said...

Definitely a bit creepy that last one! #4 makes me laugh - I never remember faces - maybe that's the reason why! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd use number four but sometimes I don't remember those names either.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Interesting how your mind works! And in answer to your last question, I would say, "Hannibal Lecter." Since he was both a serial killer and a therapist. :)

Liesel K. Hill said...

Awesome post! At least your sentences were coherent. Sometimes I go back to look at something I wrote and it's just gobbledy-goup! Maybe the last one was a mistake. Maybe you meant to put something else, or started one thought and then another one half way through. If so, maybe it was a happy accident and now you have something thought-provoking! :D

Christina Lee said...

LOL!!!!!!! *hides my list*

Leslie S. Rose said...

I'd better do a background check on my therapist.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jen. Interesting post. I'm really bad about remembering names. I thought #4 was a good one.