Friday, June 25, 2010

Q&A

Lynn over at Place to Create tagged me for this fun little question game! Since I didn't have anything really planned for today (still trying to come up with a fun contest idea!) I decided this would be best to fill the gap! Along with some wonderful awards at the end!

1) What's your favorite genre to read? Why?
I love to read chick-lit novels, fantasy and then anything that tickles my fancy. I have recently fallen in love with Young Adult novels and it's after I found that it's what I was meant to write! Thanks to all my blog buddies for sharing the best YA novels around!

2) If you couldn't write in the genre you do, what genre would you write in?
I suppose I would write in the Horror genre, I really enjoy YA fantasy but my husband would really like me to finish The Collector and try and get it published, it even scares the pants off him and trust me that's not easy to do!

3) Pepsi or Coke?
Depends on the state, if I'm in Iowa I love Pepsi, if I'm in Houston Coke is better. It doesn't make sense but there really is a different taste.

4) How do you spend Sundays?
Make a yummy breakfast - pancakes, monkey bread or cinnamon rolls - followed by blog posts, I do all of the weeks blogposts on Sunday, even when they don't come to my mind, any ideas are written down so that during the week it doesn't require thinking. Then the hubs and I cuddle in front of the TV and watch some mindless shows, read, or spend time writing. Boring I know, but I love it!

5) Penguin or Giraffe?
This one is tough, I would love to be a penguin because everyone comments all day how cute you are, you also have one mate for life which is the best, since I'm not a slut. However Giraffe's are so cool with how tall they are, there spots rock, and they have the best view... Hmmm which to choose, I'm going with Penraffe yup, why not be both!

6) What type of vehicle do you drive?
Mazda 3, gray, and adorable! I love Maddy... Yup Maddy the Mazda, you better love it!

7) Would you lick a battery if your life depended on it?
If you knew me you would know how much strength it would take to lick a battery when I can't even stand someone licking their own fingers, but to answer your question yes. I mean wouldn't you do pretty much anything if your life depended on it?

8) When do you write -- morning, afternoon, evening?
I work full-time, soon to be going to school part-time and try and blog in between that so pretty much any chance I get I try and write. Ideally I'd love the hours of 6am-10am, I seem to have the best ideas around that time, but work doesn't allow me to get it all out, instead I have to have my notepad around to document it so I hopefully have the same feeling later... which never happens. Around the hours of 4pm-6pm is when it gets done, and it's forced.

9) Which do you like more -- FaceBook or Twitter?
Facebook, I can navigate so easily through facebook, I know how everything operates and it's much easier to track on my phone. Twitter is a confusing little devil child. I don't even know how to properly link anyone, tweet about contests or send messages to anyone, I have one, but it's never used, to difficult! Talking about it stresses me out!

10) If you get hurt, (like a scraped knee or arm) do you ask for a band-aid?
Nah, I let it go... if it's on a finger most definitely but an arm or a knee I go with the policy "Walk it off!"

Now I didn't have time to add a link for anyone to join in, so if you're feeling creative, dive on in and join in on the fun!

38 comments:

Christina Lee said...

I used to hate Twitter too but then something clicked and I am on constantly now--and stalking agents, go figure ;-)

Yeah welcome to the YA dark side
;-)

A said...

#3 -- you're absolutely right :-)))

Matthew MacNish said...

Great Q&A thanks Jen! I just joined Twitter and have to admit I still don't totally get it. I know, I'm a Luddite.

Today's guest blogger is Tahereh AKA TH Mafi!

Candyland said...

Lick a battery???!!! And yeah though I have a Twitter account, it's not my fav.

Renae said...

Great Q&A! I have a Twitter account too and I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't quite mastered the system yet.

Summer Frey said...

Y'know, I saw someone else do that, and I have to admit--I don't get the big deal about licking a battery. OKAY, YES--I've licked several batteries. It's really not that bad. Just a little tingly buzz on your tongue and a metallic aftertaste. :-D

Theresa Milstein said...

It was nice to learn more about you.

I still haven't gotten a Twitter account. I don't want anything else to take up more of my time.

Jaydee Morgan said...

Does everyone name their vehicle? Hmm, maybe mine is feeling left out. And you so made me laugh with your penguin/giraffe question ;)

Nice learning more about you - thanks for sharing.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Fun!

I agree. I don't get Twitter at all. Feel like I'm talking to myself most of the time.

Joanne said...

Fun friday facts :) I don't tweet either. I'm just too reluctant to give even more time to the internet ... Have a great weekend!

Christine Danek said...

Great Q & A. I love monkey bread--yum.
I'm coming to your house on Sunday. :)
Have a great weekend!

Meredith said...

That sounds like the perfect Sunday! And I need to learn more about Twitter, too--I'm thinking of buying Twitter for Dummies or something because I just don't understand most of the terms. Hope you have a great Friday!

Windy said...

I'm not sure about that whole licking a battery thing. I'd really like to know how licking a battery would mean the difference between life and death before I answered that question .... but I'm a Twitter girl, myself. I get too distracted on FB, too much going on, too much to click and lose an hour harvesting or something. Plus, I've had some great conversations writerly and random with authors and agents on Twitter. And writing YA, I think it is invaluable!

Jayne said...

What a good idea to do a Q and A! Nice getting to know you more. I agree with you about the battery - if your life depended on it, what's the decision here?! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is a perfect Sunday plan...and facebook rocks:) Kisses,sweetie and that is so fun:)
Happy Friday:)
Muah

Joanne Brothwell said...

Hey Jennifer,
I agree with your sentiments on Twitter. It is a confusing little demon-child!

I'm pumped to have found your blog, I also write YA with a touch of horror. My hubby was so scared reading my ms, he couldn't read it alone at night!

Thanks for sharing!

j said...

Coke and Pepsi Do taste different in different states! I have noticed that too.

Thank for visiting my blog! It let me find yours! I love your women who inspire pics! Can't wait to read more posts from you. :)

Erica Mitchell said...

So true, coke and pepsi do taste different in different cities and monkey break is awesome! I have a twitter account and um, I never use it cause I haven't figured out yet lol. Great QnA, and getting to know you better.

Talli Roland said...

Love the Q&A - and I knew you were my kinda gal! Down with Band-Aids!

You know, they vary the taste of Coke and Pepsi depending on the region. For example, in South America Coke is MUCH sweeter than in Canada. I don't know about England - I don't drink much Coke here.

Have a great weekend!

PS - How's the French coming?

Tahereh said...

hehe yay! so much fun :D

and TWITTER IS AWESOME. err.. i mean, twitter is awesome.

hahaha

Clara said...

I´d write horror too!
Oh and there is an award for you at my blog!

Anonymous said...

I love chick-lit, YA, and fantasy, too! But less so horror (because I'm easily scared :)).

Your Sundays sound really relaxing and awesome.

... Paige said...

lick a battery, haha

zingy, ya know

lisa and laura said...

Slowly but surely, I'm getting over my fear of Twitter. I still don't know what the hell I'm doing though. Loved these answers!

Racquel Henry said...

I like this a lot! And thanks for the compliment, and for stopping by my blog. :)

Carolyn V. said...

Yum! I love monkey bread, and what a great day to enjoy it! Love it! Awesome answers Jennifer! btw, twitter scares me too.

The Words Crafter said...

Q & A's are always interesting and your answers were fun to read. I don't get Twitter...I barely Facebook anymore-too many games! I read posts, comment, and get out! I love YA and I could never write horror-I couldn't think of anything scary...Happy Friday!

Stina said...

Happy dance that you love YA. The genre seriously rocks!

The only time I use bandaids is when I cut my finger (during the making of dinner). But then I have to take the bandaid off so I can type.

Amy Saia said...

You know, isn't it weird about the whole coke/Pepsi thing? I'll take coke anywhere, but at Taco Bell I have to have Pepsi, haha. What's up with that??? ANyway, I"m more of a Dr. Pepper girl anyway.

Keep working on finishing your book! I'm so excited for you! You can do it!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

I'm still learning Twitter too! Blogging is more fun.

Eva said...

Penguins or Giraffes? That's the toughest question. Lol.

Don't you wish it was easier to find time to write? If that could only be my full time job.... dreaming of it now...

m. said...

I agree with eva!

Haha.

This was lovely.

DL Hammons said...

I always enjoying finding out more about my fellow bloggers. I agree with you about Twitter. If its not intuitively obvious to the most casual observer, then I have little time for it. :)

DL Hammons said...

BTW...I have something for you at my place today. :)

Robyn said...

Hi again!
It's ok, i've not been around (and answering e-mails..ack) much lately. Besides blogging I've had a lot of end-of-year work to do!

and I've made a discovery. Tea is good with milk in it, and it took me how long to figure that out? haha

Have a great day!

-Robyn

Anonymous said...

Interesting about Coke and Pepsi. I can only drink diet Pepsi at the movies so I kind of get it! And your Sundays sound devine; not boring at all! I also work f/t and will p/t student in the fall. You do awesome at jungling it all and keeping up with blogging!

Anonymous said...

I always leave my scraped knee open too. haha.
I's go with facebook.
I hope you are having a lovely weekend.




LOVE!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Fun questions. I think I will post them and link back here -- but not today. Today is Sunday, and I try to avoid blogging/posting on Sunday.