Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hot Fudge Brownies, Sparkles and Answers

We need to talk.

Don't leave... I have something to say, it's probably going to upset you, but, well you see, I don't have brownies. And if I'm going to be truthful, I've run out of sparkles.

WAIT!! I know, I know, I shouldn't lie, but how else am I supposed to get you people to visit my blog. Instead I'll be answering YOUR questions over the next two days! You know you love it!!!

By Golly Miss Molly you asked a ton! Which I love! Shows you a little more randmoness (from yours truly!).

First things First - A little blog love!

Serena is NEW to the blogging world!! She is fantastic! She just switched up her blog and I think as bloggers we should all hop over and say hello! We need to show her what an awesome writing support system (and just regular support system) we have on these blogs! So GO NOW (or after I answer questions!)

MY GIVEAWAYS - I currently have a $60 giftcard for CSN stores up for grabs! I'll choose the winner tomorrow so make sure you get your name in!!!

I have two upcoming contests as well one for Sophie Jordan's Firelight & one for Rose Cooper's Gossip from the Girl's Room! Be on the look out for all this awesomeness in the next few weeks!!

So tons to come next week, but for the next two days it's all about MOI! I'm answering those super fun questions you all asked me!!! Thanks Vicki for the fabulous idea!

Okay... SO on WITH the QUESTIONS!!!!

The Alliterative Allomorph asked:

Q: When you're eating a salad at a restaurant, and a fancy lettuce stalk accidentally goes up your nose while attempting to insert it into your mouth, what do you do? Try to hide it, or joke about it?

A: Well Jess, that’s the trouble with lettuce, the fancier the more embarrassing. I would joke about it, I’m a jokester and it’s easier to live with the story than to pretend it never happened.


Jen Brubacher asked:

Q: Okay, here's a question, since I don't know you well at all: What's your favourite book? (No cheating! Your favourite book *ever.*)

A: Wow! Favorite book, Jen you are really putting me on the spot. I refuse to answer my favorite book, but I will choose my favorite novel that made me want to become a writer, and that would be Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, I thought I’d rule the chick lit world… turns out romance is something I need work on.

Vicki Rocho asked:

Q: I used to have a recurring dream as a kid (still have it as an adult sometimes) that aliens have landed and are looking for me. It's dark, the mother ship is just down the street, and they are closing in. WHAT do you do?

(Might I suggest you not hide in the closet? They ALWAYS look there...)

A: Vicki never lets me down... she's amazing!!! What a nutty dream to have, but I'm not allowed to talk since I have quite a few of those myself. Okay so what would I do if the aliens were closing in?

Easy - I'd grab Frankie, my trusty sidekick (who I just made up for this exercise) and we'd grab our uber cool limited edition flashlight/radio/alien signaler/catcher were we could scope out the aliens and zap them out of sight. All of this would be done under our trusty invisibility cloak, after all this was happening inside Hogwarts gates so apparation isn't allowed.


Misha asked:

Q: Have you ever thought you'd sell your soul for a piece of chocolate?

If yes... what kind and what kind of volumes are we talking about?

A: Sorry Misha, this one was way to easy. I’m one of those woman who really doesn’t like a whole lot of chocolate so I would never have to sell my soul for it. However if you were to ask it about Gummy Bears my answer might have been different Muahahaha!!


Bish Denham asked:

Q: If you could be a flower what flower would you be?
What does your brain sound like when you're writing?

A: Easy Peasy I’d be a lady slipper, because it has a super fun name and looks like a slipper, what’s not to like… oh and I want it to be pink.

Oh and my brain makes a beautiful sound while writing, it replays Bird of the Summer by A Fine Frenzy, over and over... utter bliss.


Christine Danek asked:

Q: You are suddenly sucked into another dimension, what is the one thing you want to have sucked with you? (does that make sense?) What would you want with you from this dimension?

A: This one is super tough… I would take my wand, since I’m as awesome at spells, just like Hermione Granger, I can get anything I want by a simple charm spell “accio husband, accio cats, accio ice cream!”

NOTE: My husband would like to bring a personal chef. LOL I had to add it, it was cute he even offered up an answer.

I'VE STOPPED! This post is already MEGA LONG, so I'll save the rest my lovelies, for tomorrow!!!

54 comments:

Vicki Rocho said...

Fabulous answers!!! But the post wasn't nearly as long as you think it was. I wanted more! I also want some of that alien gear cuz you never know when they're coming back for me!

Amy Saia said...

I think you're having waaaaay too much fun over here! Great questions and hilarious answers!

Misha Gerrick said...

Haha brilliant answers.

Thanks lots for answering mine... Although I must ask what on earth makes gummy bears better than chocolate? ;-P

Christina Lee said...

Yay to gummi bears!!

Terri Tiffany said...

You are one creative person with your answers!! Wow!

Christine Fonseca said...

HA! Love those answers

Diana Mieczan said...

Who said: hot fudge brownies???
I want some too...hahhaha....I could so eat some right now:)

I totally adore the answers...I had so much fun reading them all:)
Happy Thursday,sweetie

Hugs

BK Mattingly said...

I loved your answers. :) Fun post!

Kelly Polark said...

I totally have a brownie hidden in the pantry to eat when my kids leave for school.
Fun questions!!

angelarene said...

What a great idea and I'm still shaking my head at Alliterative's question about lettuce going up your nose...So glad to get to know you better Jen!

Meredith said...

Haha, yay for becoming Hermione Granger! I love these questions and answers--more please! Though I don't know about picking gummy bears over chocolate... :)

Janna Leadbetter said...

Awesomely fun! Great answers, Jen.

Unknown said...

How fun! Great answers -- although I don't believe you aren't a choco-holic?? Really? I can't comprehend, LOL!

My favorite question was Jessica's. How funny -- and I think I'd joke about the snorted lettuce too :D

LTM said...

aww! You didn't get to mine yet... But Jessica's made me LOL when I read it. I block out moments like that... :D

j/k I'd totally joke about it. After I fell out of my chair laughing. ;p

what! No chocolate!!!

Serena said...

Great Post Jen loved the answers, and thanks for the shout out!
Oh and Vicki Rocho I have a similar reacuring dream, only the aliens come down the chimny like a hobbit like santa. scary.

hugs for this great Thursday x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Personal chef? I'd want a tour guide. I hate getting lost more than I hate making dinner.

Summer Ross said...

I'm not that addicted to chocolate either, great q and a

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss jen! that was fun reading your answers. wow what a lot of strange questions. those answers for sure show you got a writers brain. :) i wish you would have put more answers here today. im already a follower for miss serena. all the ladies are gonna love her cause shes soooo much into cool shoes. ha ha. cant wait for more answers tomorrow.
...hugs from lenny

Bish Denham said...

Wonderful questions, GREAT answers!

Beth Fred said...

Seriously, how can you not like chocolate?

Carolyn V. said...

Awesome answers! You aren't a chocolate lover? Well...I guess gummy bears are just as good. =D

Jillian said...

Jen you crack me up.
I will let the whole brownie thing slide... for now, just becasue we love you hahaha

Great answers to some fabulous questions... good to have you back :)

Matthew MacNish said...

OMG you're weird! ... but awesome. What a great idea, thanks Jen!

Clara said...

Hahahah I just loved this!!! =D

Laura S. said...

Accio is my favorite spell. I sure wish I could master it, lol!

vic caswell said...

you are the cutest!!
but pink... ?

Lisa Gail Green said...

God I love these questions!! And the answers are great too. So much creativity in this community of ours, huh?

Jolene Perry said...

As much as I've enjoyed your author interviews. This was pretty fun.
A wand. DUH! Next time someone asks me what I want on a desert island...

Candyland said...

Yay for questions about YOU!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Love the questions but the answers are even better!

Elana Johnson said...

So fun to get to know you better!

Guinevere said...

What a fun post! But... but.... you don't love chocolate? I'm not sure we can be friends. :p

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by the blog and your really kind comment - made my day :) Your blogs great, and interesting answers!! I'm very impressed, I didn't know follower numbers went as high as yours! Well done and keep it up, look forward to reading on, Rick

Stephanie said...

Great answers! Looking forward to reading more!!

Talli Roland said...

Love this questions and love the answers even more! :)

And I like lady-slippers too. One of my favs!

Sara B. Larson said...

Ah nuts. No brownies?? ha ha. Fun answers! Thanks for sharing some stuff about yourself. :)

Kimberly Franklin said...

LOL. Great answers! And hubby's don't get a say in what we get to bring with us. That's just how it is. :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

I want sparkles!!!! Lol. Great Q&A- vickie what a weird ass dream! lol.

... Paige said...

I must say I really enjoyed the questions! The answers were okay...lol no theys were good too.

happy impending weekend

Jemi Fraser said...

Great answers :)

I'd take chocolate over gummi bears any day!

The Words Crafter said...

It's uber cool of you to actually answer all the questions-what a fun person you are! :)

Jennie Bailey said...

No brownies OR sparkles?!? Well, let me share some of mine! Oh, wait, you're too far away. :-P I don't care how long this post is, I loved it!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Fun questions and answers. I'm a little disappointed by the lack of brownies and sparkles ;)

Rose Cooper said...

That beautiful sound your brain makes while you write--that's in your book! I just finished reading that! Ha!

Anonymous said...

ZOMG! I'm an "Accio" freak! When I got my Harry Potter-themed auto tag, I almost got it to say "Accio" but I went with "Mischief Managed." It's still super awesome. But I pretty much "accio" everything... including my chapstick which always seems to be just out of reach.

Can't wait to read the rest of your answers!

T.J. Carson said...

Hahaha these were hilarious! And I agree with you on the chocolate one haha. Wow the salad thing was my favorite, I don't think people know how often that happens ahha!!!

My summer was amazing by the way!! Thanks for asking. I did a post on its amazingness which you commented on so that was pretty much the gist of it! HOW ABOUT YOU!!!!???? Not seeing wonderful blogs such as yours over the summer def made me sad at times!!!!

Anonymous said...

Loving your answers to all the questions, especially Vicki's! Looking forward to tomorrow's post :-)

RaShelle Workman said...

Hi Jen - Great answers!!! Gummy bears huh? They are squishy and delicious, I will agree. ;)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

That was awesome, Jen! I love how your brain sounds when you write. Min just squeaks...

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

That was awesome, Jen! I love how your brain sounds when you write. Min just squeaks...

Lola Sharp said...

I love gummy bears...AND chocolate. I can't believe you don't crave chocolate. Man, I wish I didn't. My thighs would thank me.

Great Q & A's...funny stuff. And, dude, you did a lot of linkage!

Wait...brownies are made of chocolate! You love brownies, right? There ya go. ;)

Ashley Stone said...

cute post!!!

Oh but I was super bummed about the no brownies and sparklers!

; )

Amy Holder said...

You are so fun, you know that? Awesome answers (and questions)! What a cute post! But I admit, I'm a little bummed about the no brownies bit. lol.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jessica Bell said...

hehe haha, I'm glad you'd jok about it! Nice to see you out of interviewville! ;o)