Friday, February 18, 2011

Hashtags and ABC's

Big things happening in the blog world.

Before I share the big things do stop by Jillian's place (The Teenage Bride) for Love Letter Friday where I showcase how my husband proposed to me (since so many of you asked)!

Okay now for more real important stuff:

Hashtags & the ABC’s of April.

Oh yes… I’m going to explain.

Hashtags – For fellow twitter fanatics they speak my language but for those who don’t it’s easy and should be used cautiously since they are potentially dangerous.

I like to tell people you’re not a true twitter peep if you don’t use them. It’s easy, all you do is type a # sign in front of your deepest darkest most ridiculous thoughts.

Watch:

#iusehashtagsonmondaynightswhilewatchingthebachelor
#blameitontheroeckersisters
#batshitcrazyistheonlycrazyiwannabe

See? You add crap behind crap. They can be shorter but I love mine long. So go ahead… use a hashtag in the comments, you know you want to.

Now lets discuss the ABC’s of April. The team of awesome that’s here to make April seriously rock your socks off… and to keep up with twitter (and my promise last week) I bring it to you hashtag style -

#KarenGowenJoinsTheForce
#StephenTrempCan'tHelpTheAwesome
#CandylandDemandsEpicness
#AlexCavanaughIsReadyfortheFireworks
#LeeIsRockingItLikeUsual
#TalliCan'tHelpButShine
#JeffreyBeeslerShowsEnthusiasm
#MeOfCourseRocksitOut

Here's how it rocks -

#aprilspectacular
#26daysexcludingsundays
#abcmondaytuesdaywednesday
#crazynottojoin
#hitthebannerontheside
#everybodysdoingit

Want to know the real scoop behind the A to Z Blogging Challenge hop over to my sidebar and hit the button. 200+ peeps already have, don’t you want to be a follower (duh, everyone does).

Let’s recap:

1. Tweeting is fun, if you aren’t doing it, do it now. (oh and follow me at @jenunedited)2. Knowing the alphabet makes you cool and allows you to be challenged (do it)
3. If you are tweeting and we’re not besties already make it happen (@jenunedited)4. If you don’t know your alphabet how are you reading this (join the challenge)
5. Hashtags were born to be used (be bad and give me your best hashtag @jenunedited)6. People want to know why Gwenyth Paltrow named her child Apple, find out on April 1st when I use the letter A (join the challenge)
I think my work is done here. The subliminal message has kicked in (I'm sure of it). Follow me twitter style and join the challenge. Oh and maybe enjoy your weekend.

Author note: If you don’t leave me a comment hashtag style you’re not near as cool as you think you are (just sayin)

44 comments:

Christine Danek said...

#gotlotsgoingonbutwillseeaboutthechallenge
#haveagreatweekend
#sowanttousespacesandpunctuation

Candyland said...

#dudeyouhadmeatSEXcludingsundays
#harriettpluspaulequalslove

Anna Banks said...

#thansforthispostijustjoinedtwitter
#becausemydaughtercalledmeold
#im29thatsnotold
#biggestbratever
#kithinkigotitnow

Diana Mieczan said...

Im so not cool...hahah..But that's ok and wish you a fantastic weekend, darling!

Btw: Im totally loving your new profile photo
Muah

Sheila Siler said...

#okayIjoinedtheAprilchallenge
#Iamgoingtogofollowyouontwitterrightnow
#twittermakesmenervous
#helpme!

Jess said...

#lovetostalkagentsontwitterbuthavenothingclevertosaymyself

Jacqueline Howett said...

No twitter but this is cool

Ella said...

#Aprilwillrockcantwait
#loveyourupbeatpost
#happyweekendtoyounyours

Bish Denham said...

#hardontheeyesanddifficulttoread

Arlee Bird said...

You have become a hashtag fanatic and you're starting to give me Twitter envy. But I don't know if I'm able to take the big Twitter step.

Now let me try to be cool:

#Ihaveseenthefuture
#and*it*is
#runonsentences
#nopunctuation
#andmewithblurryvision


Lee
#Tossing-It-OutandtheBloggingFromAtoZAprilChallenge2011

Jillian said...

#thisscaresmehahaha

anyway, Jen I am so happy you let me post your letter!!!! Readers are going to love this!!!!

Angela said...

The tweet thing scares me too. I'm not a bird and have never tweeted in my life. But, it's great you do. . . Anyway, I'm excited for the A-Z blogfest. How great of you to host it!

Luna said...

#Imatwitterquitter
#havearockinweekend

C. N. Nevets said...

#likecrack #butbetter #srsly

Meredith said...

The subliminal messaging definitely kicked in! #awesomesauce

VICTORIA SAAVEDRA said...

#geniusyesgenius

Stina said...

#somepeoplecomeupwiththebesthashcommentsever

Just not me. ;)

Jai Joshi said...

#isitjustmeorarethesehashtagsmakingmeblind?

Jai

Lindsay N. Currie said...

#mymomtoldmethatusinghasthtagswillmakemegoblind!

Hysterical post - love it. Now you just gotta drag me into the world of Twitter and me me see its shining value. Seriously, I'm almost a twitterphobe!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jen .. not yet sure about the twitter thing .. let alone the hashtagging .. but I am doing the ABCs .. even to the ZZZzs .. Have a great weekend .. Hilary

Sara B. Larson said...

#hashtagoverloadhurtsmyeyes

#howaminotfollowingyouontwitteralready ???

Kristin Rae said...

i REALLY don't get the hash tag things... what exactly is the point? i thought it just labeled things in twitter or something?? hahaha.

either way, i'm not getting into twitter. i dont need another social networking thing taking up my time!!! JUST SAY NO!! :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Okay, now my eyes hurt! :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

#toocleverforyourowngood!

Abby Minard said...

#readSEXinoneofyourhashtags
#WIPandchildwontletmedoaprilchallenge
#sorryistillloveyou
#willdefinitelyvisiteveryoneinapril

Theresa Milstein said...

If only I twittered. I feel out of the loop! If I change my mind, I know where to go.

Have a great weekend.

Melissa said...

#SEXsundaysiswhatIgotstuckon
#Schoolwillnotallowyourchallenge
#youaretoocuteforwords

Jennie Bailey said...

#Imwithmelissaonthefirstone
#youmakemewanttobebadanddorunonsentencesafterhashtagsnow

Unknown said...

#YouveGotANewTwitterFollower!! :D

Donea Lee said...

#yourhusbandsproposalpoemwastoosweet
#doesthisevencountasahashtag
#haventbeentwitterpatedyetbutwhatthehey

:)

Lisa Galek said...

#LisahopesimpendingmomhoodwontspoilherchancetodotheAZblogfest
#Fingersandtoescrossed

Jennifer Hillier said...

This is a very, very helpful post about Twitter, Jen!

#wherewereyouwhenIjoinedlastyearandwastotallyconfused

Talei said...

Haha! Have a fab weekend dear lady!

#awesomeness!

Jemi Fraser said...

#sadlymylifeiscompleteandutterchaos&addingthechallengewouldbetoomuch

caterpillar said...

#soundsexciting.:)

Clara said...

#wishicouldjoin
#butstupidaccountingjobdoesn'tletmebreathe
#missu
#iwuffhashtagsnow!

Michelle in a shell said...

Hi there! I signed up for the challenge and thought I'd introduce myself. Check out my blog when you have a chance! (I'm still new at this...)

Look forward to reading yours :)

Karen Lange said...

#debatingaboutjoiningthechallenge
#soundslikefun

Anstice Brown said...

#GreatpostbutIstilldontthinki'llevergetthehangoftwitter
#Couldupleaseaddmyblogfestcontesttourlist?
http://myimpossibledreams.blogspot.com/2011/02/nifty-fifty-blogfest-contest.html

Unknown said...

#jen'sdoingeverythingright
#I'mbowledoverbyjen'sblog
#jen'sblogYAY

Unknown said...

Forgot one!
#sue'sdoingthechallenge

Samantha VĂ©rant said...

#amstalkingyounow

Anonymous said...

I stopped in to check youe explanation about hashtags. So all they basically do is draw attention to what you are
twittering? To be honest, for me, they are actually distracting, so I guess I'm not so cool. Oh well.

Kimberly Franklin said...

That was such a #funinterview! Hope you have a great week!