Monday, August 9, 2010

Informal Book Club

Happy Monday!!!!

This weekend I hung out with a few of my girlfriends and one of them gave the rest of the group each an envelope. It was such a great opportunity I had to share it with you to see who was all interested!!! So here are the details!!

Informal Book Club

There is no money involved so it is legal and fun.

All you have to do is send a book (paperback, audio book, hardcover) that you have already enjoyed to the person listed on the back of the sheet I will mail to you. There is no need to box the book you mail; a mailing envelope is fine. Be sure the book you send is still in good condition, we don't want anyone being shorted out on the fun.

How do you know where to send the book to?

The letter that will be mailed will have a address label listed on the back (that is where the book will be sent) from there you will make 6 copies of the letter and attach the 6 address labels I provide for you. Find 6 people you would like to join in on the fun and send the letter (with my address label on the back) and 6 address lables of your own (loosely in the envelope) so you can receive books.

What's the point of this? Sending out 6 letters means you will eventually get 36 books for FREE!!!! You are only sending letter amongst friends and people you know so you can already see how much fun and how easy this will be!! It will be interesting to see what kind of books you'll receive!!

So anyone want to join??? I'm hoping you all say yes! If you'd like to be apart of something super cool say yes in the comment section provided with your email address and I'll contact you for your address! Who doesn't love books!

ONE MORE THING - If you cannot do this soon (withing a few weeks of when you receive the letter) let me know so that we can be fair to all participants. I don't want anyone waiting to get their novels.

PS - If you haven't heard about my upcoming Blogfest please check it out and sign up!! Happening the 19th and 20th!

27 comments:

m. said...

what a marvelous idea.

Amie McCracken said...

I really want to and almost joined in on this with another blogger, but I'm in Germany and don't want to force people to pay for that shipping. So have fun doing it!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

You have the best ideas ever!!! Love this so much:) Hope you had a fun weekend,sweetie and see you soon:)

Muah

Ellie Garratt said...

A fab idea! Unfortunately, I'm in the UK :(

Cruella Collett said...

This is a great idea - finally one type of chainmail/pyramid game I approve ;) Unfortunately I can't participate since I'm in Norway, but hey, I can cheer you on anyway :)

Christina Lee said...

It IS a fab idea--but the thought of 36 books coming to my non-existant book shelf (imagine stacks and stacks of books) overwhelms me! LOL! So I'm going to pass--sorry!

Moll said...

Sweet! I love this. COunt me in.

virginnovelist@gmail.com

kah said...

If I wasn't already behind on my TBR pile (it's toppling over because it's so tall) then I would def join. WONDERFUL idea.

Stina said...

Sounds like a great idea, but to send anything out of Canada is expensive (wow you have tons of international followers). Plus my physical reading pile is huge. (I really have to stop going to the bookshop).

LTM said...

I think that sounds like a lot of fun! only... I'm just starting a book club of my own and not sure I can handle two...

wah wah waahhh...

But I LOVE the idea!!! maybe I'll try it. I just don't want to be the weak link. :o(

Now run yourself over to my blog! I gotcha sumthin... :o)

bclement412 said...

sounds like a great idea!

Jillian said...

Jen what an awesome idea. I wish I could say yes, but I am not sure if I could keep up with it right now :(

I wish you all the best with it though, it really sounds like such a fabulous event!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm unable to say yes at the moment, but this really is a great idea!

Bidisha said...

Sounds terrific. But I'm away in India and I'll be broke by the time I mail it out to others. I'm just a poor college student *hangs head in shame*

G'luck with it!

Talli Roland said...

What a fabulous idea, Jen! Your'e SO creative! I'd love to do it but being overseas and all, I'd think it'd be a fairly expensive venture for others to send books to me. Wish I could play along though!

Amie Borst said...

i'm not able to participate, but what a great idea! i've been thinking of something similar for my group blog, from the mixed up files.

Candyland said...

IT does sound enticing. Imma have to think on it though because a) I don't have books to send b) I don't have time to read new ones right now c) my post office is REALLY far, lol

Theresa Milstein said...

It's a great idea, but when I've tried similar things via e-mail like recipes, I hardly ever get anything back. I think too many people flake out.

I'm going to be away for the next couple of weeks.

Terry Stonecrop said...

It's a great idea but right now, I have piles of books, I have no time to read.

Have fun with it:)

Kimberly Franklin said...

This is such a great idea. Alas, I'm a book hog. I don't think I've gotten rid of one... ever. They're all pretty decorations in my office. But great idea!

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss jen! wow all those sixes got me confused. ha ha. it a good idea for more old people but not so much for me.
...hugs from lenny

Susan Fields said...

I'm going to have to pass, but good luck with this, Jen!

Jennie Bailey said...

I thought responded to this, but I don't see my reply! Count me in! Sounds like fun. In fact, I even know the first book I'm going to mail out!

Beth Fred said...

Jen, I'm passing an award to you on my blog.
beth-project52.blogspot.com

Robert Guthrie said...

Very cool idea. I'd be on it if I weren't taking off soonish for a month. Good luck. I love these bloggy innovations.

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

I'm afraid I wouldn't find six people willing to participate. But, I'll take a chance. Email me!!

Rose Cooper said...

Yay! Terrific idea! Count me in!!!