Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Twist

Let's mix things up this week!!! I've chosen books that our very own bloggers will be debuting in 2011!!! Down at the bottom after the synopsis I pulled from goodreads lists the authors and their book titles. Click the titles to add to your goodreads list and click the author to follow their blogs!! ENJOY!

ALL THESE WILL BE AVAILABLE IN 2011!

FIRST UP:
When man-eater Mattie Johns agrees to star on a dating game show to save her ailing recruitment business, she's confident she'll sail through to the end without letting down the perma-guard she's perfected from years of her love 'em and leave 'em dating strategy.

After all, what can go wrong with dating a few losers and hanging out long enough to pick up a juicy £50,000 prize?

Plenty, Mattie discovers, when it's revealed that the contestants are four of her very unhappy exes.

Can Mattie confront her past to get the prize money she so desperately needs, or will her exes finally wreak their long-awaited revenge? And what about the ambitious TV producer whose career depends on stopping her from making it to the end?

SECOND UP:
Someone’s been a very bad zombie.

Super-smartie Kate Grable gets to play doctor, helping out her high school football team. Not only will the experience look good on her college apps, she gets to be thisclose to her quarterback crush, Aaron. Then something disturbing happens. Kate finds out that the coach has given the team steroids. Except . . . the vials she finds don’t exactly contain steroids. Whatever’s in them is turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless, flesh-eating . . . zombies.

Unless she finds an antidote, no one is safe. Not Aaron, not Kate’s brother, not her best friend . . . not even Kate . . .

It’s scary. It’s twisted. It’s sick. It’s high school.

THIRD UP:
In Sofia's words . . . Mia St. Claire is only the most popular girl in all of Middlebrooke Middle School. For three very obvious reasons:1. She's very rich.2. She has tons of money.3. She can buy anything and everything she wants. And she does.I'm sure people like her for other reasons too, but none of those reasons are obvious enough for me to really know. Or care about, for that matter

Awesome Titles & Authors:
The Hating Game by Talli Roland
Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris
Gossip from the Girls Room by Rose Cooper

So add these three lovely ladies to your goodreads listing or TBR listing today!!!

35 comments:

Ann said...

I have the Hating Game on my list already. Well my MSWord list. Haven't taken the time to sort out Goodreads yet. All this computer stuff is making my head spin in an scary way.

Will check out the others.
Thanks Jen.

Dawn Ius said...

Thanks for the heads up on these! Can't wait to add them to my TBR pile.

Talli Roland said...

Yay Jen! Thank you SO much for featuring The Hating Game here! :)

Happy Tuesday!

Aubrie said...

Great recommendations for books! I love a good zombie story. :) And Talli's book looks awesome as well.

vic caswell said...

sounds like some good stories!

Carrie Harris said...

You are AWESOME.

And not awesoe like I originally typed. Although maybe you're that too. :)

JournoMich said...

Congrats to these fellow bloggers and now-authors! And what a great way to help get the word out, Jenn. I haven't been here for Tuesday Twist before, but I like this version.

My TBR shelf just keeps getting bigger...and bigger...and...

Michele
Romanticism today at SouthernCityMysteries

Laura S. said...

These all sound fantastic! Good idea twisting it up with books by our blogger buddies!

Emily White said...

They all sound great, but how could I ever turn down a book about zombies??

I'm hosting a blogfest/contest with all sorts of sparkly prizes to be had!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so lovely...and what a great idea:) Kisses,sweetie and I hope you are having a great day:)

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss jen! for me that zombie one and the rich girl book sound cool. i like scary stuff. i already saw more about miss roses book and liked it. that man eater one sounds good for my brothers and maybe my sister so im gonna tell them about it. at first i thought it was gonna be about a shark. ha ha.
...hugs from lenny

LTM said...

what an awesome idea, Jen! And congrats to Talli, Carrie & Rose. How exciting~ :o)

Southpaw said...

Ooo, thanks for the heads up.

Jillian said...

What a great little shout out. I will certainly keep my eyes open for these!

i hope you are having a great day

Matthew MacNish said...

Hah! Great blurbs. I know all these of these and am looking forward to them, though I don't do goodreads.

Jemi Fraser said...

I haven't joined Goodreads yet - don't have time to add anything else! Maybe one day... :)

I already have Talli's book on my To Buy list - I'll check out the others :)

Unknown said...

Fun idea! They all sound like interesting books. I'll keep my eyes open for them.

Rose Cooper said...

Thanks so much for mentioning GOSSIP on here, Jen! You're super awesome! I hadn't heard of Talli's book, so i'm glad you mentioned that one--it sounds great!

Jolene Perry said...

Hey thanks! I love the idea of having this list for a trip to the bookstore!

Candyland said...

All three of these ladies are rock stars and I'll by reading all three!

Angie said...

These sound awesome. I'll be looking for them!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I love this! What a great way to support our bloggy buddies and their new books! :-)

Jennie Bailey said...

Someone's been a very bad zombie - that is hilarious!

I can hardly wait for 2011! So many great books coming out! I may need a few extra weeks in the year to finish reading all these magnificent books.

Lindsay said...

Yay. I follow all three of these fab ladies. Can't wait for their books. :)

Terry Stonecrop said...

Thanks for the recommendations! This is a nice idea:) Sweet of you.

Belle said...

Great reads, all of them! Love the synopsis of Bad Taste in Boys - very exciting.

Kimberly Franklin said...

They all sound great!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I select most of my reading material from recommendations so I guess I'll have to add some more.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, I'm always on the lookout for great new reads :-)

Guinevere said...

I'm looking forward to reading these in 2011! Thanks for the list. :)

Meredith said...

I'm putting these on my TBR pile right now! They all sound awesome :) Ahh, so many good books to read!

Melissa said...

I'm so stoked for the hating game. Seriously. These others look good as well. Great post Jen!

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

I can't wait to read Talli's book... and the other two sound amazing as well.

Susan Fields said...

Those all look great! Thanks, Jen!

Anonymous said...

Definitely THE HATING GAME, even if I didn't know Talli. That has such a great premise!