Yay!!!! The Great Blogging Experiment has finally arrived! Wow today is going to be a super fun today!!!
Elana, Alex and I are excited to have had such a great turn out for this fabulous experiment! I look forward to reading all of your entries and seeing how different all of them are!
I hope you brought your personalities today... it's time to shine!
Writing Compelling Characters.
A tough sell, I mean you want to think you have THE most AMAZING character that ever lived, but not everyone can have Harry Potter (not to mention in your story he probably wouldn't fit in.
The main ingredient is your character's VOICE without it your reader will bore and leave the book at the nightstand underneath the rest of the novels that will NEVER be read.
Just a few other things to help keep your characters interesting. Here.We.Go
1. It's like Peanut Butter & Jelly - Your readers have to have a connection.
2. Guys Wanted - Geeks, Jocks, Guitarists, doesn't matter who they are, just make them hot!
3. Personality - Strong, independent, broken. Everyone needs fixing, the more obstacles the better. Let's just watch the insanity, we want borderline crazy, not toppling off the cliff crazy.
4. Cool names - The more rockin' the name, the longer I stick around.
5. Vampires - Always works as a fall back, again, just make them hot!
I'm off to check the others out!! See you there! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday!