Day Two of this fabulous Trifecta! Make sure to stop by Elana Johnson, Alex Cavanaugh blogs for their point of views!!! (Alex will post tomorrow)
Comments, and how to get them.
Whether you are new to the blogging world, or have been around for quite sometime, we all love comments.
You know that special time of day, you open up your inbox, ready for a Squee worthy moment, the sun radiating off the page, it hurts your eyes, you shy away (for just a moment) ready to celebrate the number of comments you received for that day, and when you finally adjust your eyes you see that trusty, oh.so.special number...
Wait, what?? What did I do wrong? Am I not good enough? Do they not like me? Did my mom forget to make her special brownies again?
Okay, okay, so this isn't ALL of you, some of you get several comments, some of you are perfectly happy with the number you receive, but just incase you're a little low for the liking I'll give you the best tips I know on how to snag those extra few comments.
1. Active Blogging - Structure is important in the blogging world. Your followers need to know when you'll stop by. If you only blog M-W-F then you want to let your followers know. Create a button that says how often you blog. I'm an every day (M-F) blogger (for those who are unsure!)
2. Fun & Interesting (with questions) - People don't always know what to say so it's easier to keep the conversation light but also leave a question so they have something to comment on. Unless you are a fan of "That's a great post" then keep doing what you're doing.
4. Comment - If you don't comment on their's, they won't visit. Make sure they are meaningful and heartfelt, the shorter and more universal, the less likely they'll believe you actually read their blog post.
5. Be Nice - both on your blog and on those you take time to comment. If you're rude no one will want to visit. Even while critiquing one's work, be respectful.
6. A little extra - For me personally I like when I can have people comment on my blog and in return I can send them a response back via email, to ensure they got it. Not everyone who comments on my blog has an email attached. That is just a little extra of mine, it's a nicer way to connect with someone and in the end they could become your follower. Something to think about it. I know it helps me know who to follow!
PS, after you've been blogging for awhile you'll realize the more comments you have the more overwhelmed you feel. Not everyday can I reach all of those who comment on my blog, but they're the first place I go to, it's important that they know I was there, I read and I enjoyed! I do my best not to feel guilty, some days it's just to big to conquer.
And there are a few of you who take a different approach, for instance Candyland has her blog drugged (no, seriously) there is something in her blog that makes you drawn to it. I personally prefer a more legal approach, I leave sparkle dust on all my comments and it brings you back to me :) Muahahaha!!!
Let's hope the next time you see your inbox it's filled with more love!!!