Wednesday, September 14, 2011

If I Could Be Anyone, I'd be...

Talli Roland is so creative when it comes to launching her latest book, I see no reason NOT to jump on the bandwagon! With her latest novel - Watching Willow Watts, she's come up with the cutest idea! Willow Watts impersonates Marilyn Monroe in the novel so now it's bloggers, tweeters, and facebook's turn!

If you could be anyone... who would it be?

Below I've played along... and cheated (as usual). I've decided that there are several people I'd love to be like (or in this case, INSPIRE) so I've decided why not list them all!
First Up: JK Rowling



Her genius keeps me motivated. I've written four young adult novels, and though I have no plans to publish them she taught me how to find my inner youngin and bring out the best in them. The love, friendship, and magic she teaches is intoxicating. She made me adore writing and appreciate everyone who writes.
Second Up: Emily Giffin



I write chick lit/women's fiction and Emily Giffin knows her novels! I love how she broke molds writing Something Blue, allowing you to know that even when a character isn't all that likeable there is still the ability to root from them. If you've never read an Emily Giffin novel I urge to pick one up! You won't regret it!

Third Up: Claire Cook



This is a woman to look up to. I once tweeted her and said "You're my hero." Her reply was simple, "Be your own hero." Instantly I loved her all the more. Her stories are heartfelt and inspiring. She really does allow every woman to be their own hero.

Fourth Up: Susan Elizabeth Phillips



How could I not? Anyone who knows me knows that she's the ultimate woman in my eyes! She brought me to love words, love romance, and most of all love writing women's fiction. I devour her books (Chicago Series being my favorite - if you're looking to pick one up). I hope to one day meet her. She is fabulous.

Each one of these woman allow me to push to success. They share their stories and it pushes me and inspires me to keep towards my goal. Who inspires you?

Be sure to join in on the fun with Talli! I can't wait to see who people are talking about!

47 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I really love the people you chose and JK Rowling is brilliant! Happy Wednesday, sunshine. Muah

Creepy Query Girl said...

all awesome and inspiring women Jen! Great picks!

Summer Ross said...

Amazing strong women! You picked great choices!

Rebecca Emin said...

I like your list of inspirational women. I must admit I haven't heard of all of them but I guess that's because I'm English. I'm so glad to have met you thanks to Talli Roland's launch!

Samantha Vérant said...

Awesome picks, Jen! I see we have one in common (well, if I went with that choice!)! YOU ROCK! And I heart you,too!

Susan Fields said...

I think J.K. Rowling's all the more inspiring when you consider where she started out from. And she's given the world of children's literature so much. Great choices!

Denise Covey said...

Now that was just plain greedy! All those awesome women. I'd have been happy just to be JK Rowling! Sweet!

Denise

Sarah Tokeley said...

I love how you pick women who inspire you, Jen and I love that quote 'be your own hero.'

Cat Lavoie said...

Great picks! I love Emily Giffin. Still don't know how she was able to make me like Darcy! lol

Talli Roland said...

Oh wow, what fantastic choices, Jen. I'm a big fan of Emily Giffin, too. I'd like to be any one of those writers, actually!

Thank you so much for taking part, and for all your help and support along the way! xx

Kelly Polark said...

Excellent picks!
And I love what Claire tweeted back to you!!

Cherie Reich said...

Fantastic choices! I love how each one inspired you. :)

Stina said...

Great choices. I still haven't decided. I love your idea of picking several people. Right now, I'd love to be about to write creepy like Stephen King and John Saul, and create worlds like JK Rowling. But I'm not sure I would want to BE those people.

Sylvia said...

Hi Jen. Wow and super wow. I love your choices, and they're all writers, which is doubly fab. Claire Cook's response to your tweet is astounding - making me want to go look her up now!

I've now joined your group of 'Rockstars' and look forward to connecting with you more.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picks Jen. It is so hard to nail it down to one and I'm glad you featured all these fabulous women.

Unknown said...

Great list of inspiring writers.

Jess said...

Wow so inspiring! I'd love to be JK Rowling too!!

Matthew MacNish said...

Hart picked Jo Rowling too, and I told her I'd want to marry her if she was.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when I'd see Rowling. I just finished reading all seven books in about six weeks. Good luck to you and your writing. May you be just as successful as these awesome ladies while still being your own hero.

Carolyn V said...

Love your list! All amazing.

Nicole Zoltack said...

I watched a documentary on Jo and it moved me to tears. She came so far... from assistance to being so wealthy. And she did it all herself. Amazing.

blank said...

Loved the tweet back to be your own hero. I think your a hero you've helped me loads in my blogging journey.
Id have jk rowling to, but also Anne rice that ive stated getting really into, the detail and the families that she creates fab.
Oh ive picked up a book that might be up your street its chick lit meats ann rice lol i picked it up at the library read the first few pages on the bus, and thought of you. Undead and unwed Maryjanice Davidson. Ill let you know what the rest is like.

Shannon said...

Great picks, Jen! But yeah, I love the "be your own hero" advice. Brilliant.

Stephanie said...

I want to be Emily Giffin!!!!!

Laura S. said...

Wonderful authors and super choices! I chose to be MULAN today because she uses her brains and courage to save an entire country. But if I had to choose inspirational authors to be, I'd pick Roald Dahl, L.M. Montgomery, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Beverly Cleary, and Judy Blume!

Gail Shepherd said...

The thing that continues to inspire me about Rowling is this: The more famous she gets, the more serious she gets about deepening and honing her craft as a writer. You'd almost expect it to be the opposite. But each book is a new growth spurt. She is just awesome.

Jessica Bell said...

Great choices, Jen! But you're just as fabulous as all of these women ... :o)

Christina Lee said...

You've written FOUR?!?!? Huh..learned something new about you today! :D

This is a wonderful post!

Donna Shields said...

Great choices!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I know one of those authors!

Emily R. King said...

Great choices! Someday someone will be saying those nice things about you.

Michael Di Gesu said...

How could you NOT choose JK... you know I did.. LOL.

Great other choices too, Jen. November is SO CLOSE!

Elana Johnson said...

This is going to be creepy, but Scott Westerfeld. I know he's a man. Don't judge.

Jo Schaffer said...

All awesome women to be!

Nicki said...

OMG. I would absolutely love, love, love to be J. K. GREAT choice.

Lindsay said...

Great picks! :)

Jen said...

Great post, Jen! I've been away for far too long!! Fun to come back to a publishing party!! Hmmm...who would I be? That one's going to take some thought :D

Cheers!
Jen

WritingNut said...

Awesome choices, all very inspiring! :)

Golden Eagle said...

J. K. Rowling is awesome. :)

Hannah said...

You have some great choices there!!

Side note, I just noticed your little WIP planner link thingy. I loves it.

Jemi Fraser said...

Ooooo! Great choices - love them! :)

Ann said...

It is hard to pick one. They all offer great inspiration.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Wow...great choices. I'm surprised by the array of people that have been chosen.

Congrat's to Talli and her book launch day. :D

Christa Desir said...

Awesome picks...but no fair to cheat!

:)

steve said...

The pics are very nice..and these pics looking great in this picture..and so beautiful..very great posted here..thank you very much for sharing this one here..Register Domain

LTM said...

very cool. And just think, one day someone'll be wishing they were you! :D

I went w/actresses--like Willow! LOVE Talli's launches~ :D <3

Anonymous said...

Wow, what wonderful choices! All very inspirational women.