Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Delicious Reads

I haven't done a Tuesday Twist in a while but I know that everyone really enjoys them. For those unaware I'll share three first sentences of novels I find interesting and see in what order you'd read (if any), all by just sharing the first sentence.

The Sentences
1. He was running for his life.
2. The end came quickly, and there wasn't any pain.
3. "Keep in Touch," I called, waving a not-so-tearful goodbye to my co-workers for the last time.

The Reveal
1. Contemporary Fiction
2. Young Adult
3. Chick Lit

I love number one. I haven't read it but already ordered it. She's a well known author and has everyone at her fingertips!

Number two I had the honor of not only reading and enjoying, but got to meet the author as well at the Austin Teen Book Festival.

Three is a new author whom I adore, she joins me as frequently as she can over at my new hashtag #chicklitchat on Thursday evenings and I adore her. Seriously get to know her, she's amazing!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun game!

Sarah Tokeley said...

Based on the lines I would read number three first, based on the covers it would be number two :-)

S.A. Larsenッ said...

#2 totally got me!

M.J. Fifield said...

I'd have to say #2. I guessed it was YA before I read the reveal.

Connie Keller said...

I'd read #2 first. Loved the first line.

Unknown said...

I was missing Tuesday Twist. They look like good books. 1 looks good and I'm also interested in 2.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't read young adult, but the second one is the best.

Matthew MacNish said...

I would pick two, but I wouldn't be turned away by any of these.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I want #2!!! :-)

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

I would say number 1.

Melissa Pearl said...

All of those grab me, but I'd reach for Book 1 first, simply based on the first sentence. It makes you realize how important openings are.

Great game :)

Johanna Garth said...

I love number one!

Stephsco said...

I've seen #2 around for awhile, I should definitely read it.