Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Special

Today I thought spookiness should be brought forth on this special week! My husband's birthday is Halloween and we'll be having a big costume bash this weekend (if you're in HOUSTON email me... I'd love for you to stop in)!

Enough about my awesome 'off the blog' life... let's get to the sentences.

Sentences:
1. Three months.
2. There was stillness in the September-morning air that was like stillness in the heart of a gliding submarine, engines extinguished to elude the enemy's listening devices.
3. Jones Cooper feared death.

Reveal:
1. Spooky #1
2. Spooky #2
3. Spooky #3

I'm so used to writing women's fiction that when I fell across amazon's choices this week I was already a little freaked out. Each of these I read a little further... one of which (#1 to be exact) I've read all the way through and loved. She's a blogger and she's fabulous.

So what order will it be this week?

17 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Not sure why, but it was number 1 that got me. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too..Nr.1 all the way! Btw: how awesome that your husband's birthday is on Halloween. That is totally amazing:) Happy Tuesday, darling.

Becky Mahoney said...

Number one for sure!

Nicole Zoltack said...

#1 for me as well!

Slamdunk said...

#1 here as well.

asdfasdfasdf said...

i haven't read any of them yet but i do read #1's blog and totally plan to pick up creep in the near future

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I'd go 1, then 3, then 2. :-)

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss jen! i think cause of what you said id pick number 1. but if you didnt say it id pick number 3. i dont like number 2 so much. wow! halloween birthday! how spooky is that! i hope you do pictures from that party.
...hugs from lenny

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Jen,

One certainly is intriguing, but I like two as well.

TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!

Emily R. King said...

Creep was so good! I knew what it was the moment I read the line. Fun post!

Laura said...

Oh nonono - I'm to much of a scaredy cat!
Lx

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The first one caught my eye.

Jemi Fraser said...

I've been working up my nerve to read Jennifer's book! (I'm SUCH a wimp) :)

Hannah said...

I picked #3 and it doesn't surprise me. I have many of her books.

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

definitely #1. how interesting!

April Plummer said...

Yup, I'm a # 1-er too! I'm not huge on spooky books...I've read a few, but I'm not huge on them unless they're rooted in reality. Meaning...I'm not huge on like, the Dean Koontz book I started and then tossed into my "give to used bookstore" pile. And I LOVE psychological thrillers. They freak me out, but man...I LOVE them. *sigh* another wish list book...

Jennifer Hillier said...

WOW! How'd I miss this post?

Thanks so much, guys! Though, looking at it now, "Three months" as a first line certainly doesn't sound that spooky!

Thanks for the shout out, Jen. :D