Thursday, October 13, 2011

When All Things Random Fall Here

Happy Thursday, Happy People. It's been a while since I've done a truth post and seeing as I've needed a break from all things writing related what better than to dump some truth on you!

As you all know, if you read this, you must add your own truths. I hate to do it alone!

1. If I could have holiday decorations out all year round I would. My hubby already knows that when we buy a house half of the garage will need shelving for all the holiday decorations I already own... and plan to add.

2. I'm bummed knowing this weekend is the last Roller Derby Bout I'll see for several months. It's the championship and I hope my lovable team wins! And for kicks I'll show you just how addicted my husband and I are... This week we'll add red & black in our hair! (isn't my hubby the cutest!)



3. The Renaissance Festival began last weekend and we were there ALL DAY LONG. Oh the people you come across, it really is one of those disturbing, but you can't look away sort of events! If you ever visit Houston come in October or November to experience the fun!

4. This week my friend Rose Cooper's latest book Rumors from the Boys Room is out and she added me in  her ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS! Talk about being overwhelmed by all the awesome! She's a rockstar and I feel privileged enough to be included!

5. It rained! For those of you not living in Houston it's been AWFUL not having rain. Fires everywhere and as I write this post it's thundering, lightening, and yup, it's raining. Joy to the world. Now if only it'd cool off so I can enjoy some apple cider!

So what are all your truths? Set me up on some of the fun, awkward, and memorable truths!

24 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Renaissance festivals are always a bit weird.
A truth? My awesome day yesterday was capped off by the season premier of Psych. Yeah, I'm a geek.

Matthew MacNish said...

What's the name of your Roller Derby team?

Pat Hatt said...

Those Renassiance festivals are a tad scary. Ummm for a truth, I did about 10 minutes of work yesterday and the other 7 hours and 50 minutes on blogging stuff, shhhh

Unknown said...

i liked your blog
thumbs up

Bish Denham said...

Back in the '70s I went to a Renaissance Fair in California. You can imagine the people who populated it. BUT, I loved it and would love to go to another one.

YEAH for the rain (though we didn't get as much as other parts of the state.)

My truth? I get a massage once a week, and today's my day!

Ruth Josse said...

Roller derby and the renaissance fair? Lucky lady! Today is my husband and my son's birthday. I have a teenager now!

Angela said...

I love your attitude. It's raining, joy to the world!

Sarah Tokeley said...

I absolutely that picture of you and hubby. If we lived closer, I would definitely get you to introduce me to roller derby :-)

Nicole Zoltack said...

I love going to Renaissance Faires!

Samantha VĂ©rant said...

Your hubs is adorable! And it's so cool Rose gave you a shout out in her book! I mean, really. That's cool!

Unknown said...

That is so cool that you are in the acknowledgements of Rose's book. Roller Derby is pretty cool. One of my friends moved to Oregon and became a Roller Derby girl. Her son draws tattoos on her in markers. It's pretty awesome.

Emily R. King said...

I love the rain and lots of holiday decorations. I'm looking at my ceramic pumpkins and straw scarecrow now. I love that when I take them down, up goes Christmas! YAY!

Vicki Rocho said...

Never been to the roller derby. Just not into sport of any variety.

My truth? A gust of wind has just blown over my garbage can so I'm typing super fast so I can go catch it before it rolls down the street.

Janet Johnson said...

Yay for rain! And wow . . . I didn't know you were into Roller Derby. Go you!

My truth: I woefully lacking in the holiday decorations department. My kids are dying to decorate for Halloween, but I got nothing. :(

Laura said...

Hi Jen - yay for your rain and yay for you and your hubby - mad pair!

My truth... 7 years together and when Himself walked into my workplace this afternoon, my knees went wobbly - what a sap!
Lx

Jennifer Hillier said...

How freaking CUTE are you guys! Love this picture!

My truth? I SAY I like change, but I really don't.

A little cryptic, I know. :)

BBC said...

My truth? Oh man... I guess it's that sometimes I'll say I'm going to exercise but I really mean "I'm going to nap."

Jessica Salyer said...

Love the picture! You and your hubby are too cute!

LTM said...

ooo, I vote for the year-round decorations, too! And it rained. ahhh... thank goodness for that. Yay for rain in Texas! :o) <3

Jessica Lindsay said...

My truth: I second Nicole--I love going to Renaissance Faires! Love $4 cups of mead, love bread bowls and turkey legs, love crowns of flowers and painted fairies. And love the gamers, the goths, the geeks, the wiccan priestesses . . . love it all. :)

Rose Cooper said...

Awww, I'm so glad you liked the mention :) You're totally my bestie and I have no idea what I would do without you sometimes! Roller Derby and Ren Faires rock!

My truth: I was on a roller derby team for a day..okay, for a few hours, before I quit :) And another truth? I'm "revising" my book when I'm actually on here reading your blog!

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Too cute for words. I love your randomness <3

Johanna Garth said...

Love the roller derby pic! My truth, most nights by 9 pm I'm too tired to think of a truth!

Jennie Bailey said...

That picture is beyond adorable. I love how much your husband is selling it. What a guy! I'm so very glad that you're getting rain down there at long last. Here's to hoping it cools off for us both because apple cider sounds super yummy right now!