Since we’re on the query train and it seems to be continuing this week I figured I’d make all my truths writing and query related. I think you found out yesterday a lot of my TYPE A personality… my structure, so on and so forth. But here’s the rest.
1. I am not a procrastinator. Many of you email me throughout the day so you know this. I have to have a deadline or structure. Even if it’s sitting at home for the weekend. I must know in advance. Yeah… I’m that girl.
2. I twitter like there is no tomorrow. Yes. I watch agents. I see how their moods are. If their genre choice changes. I want that query ready to go in their hands at the right moment. Sometimes it works… sometimes it doesn’t.
3. Blogger is addicting. As are the agent blogs within them. I will read entry after entry on why you’re being rejected, to the perfect query letter. They have such knowledge (because naturally they know what you want). I may have not cared at the beginning but now it’s all I think about.
4. For the love of funny. I love agent blogs who are downright hysterical… Case in point: Getting past the gatekeeper. Her honesty and funnies keep me going back for more.
5. In which I dream. Yes I dream about being agented. I’m one of those BIG believers. The one’s where the agents loves you so much they fly to see you. Hey, it’s happened before. I can at least live through someone.
So what are your truths?