It's been too long but I've decided to have Wendy Marcus on my blog. A guest blog/twitter interview. Let the fun begin!
Thank you so much for hosting me on the 16th stop of my blog tour to promote my debut Harlequin Medical Romance, WHEN ONE NIGHT ISN’T ENOUGH.
Here we go!
1. Why Contemporary and Medical Romance? I like to read and write hot, fast-paced modern romance with believable characters. And medical because I write what I know.
2. Do you work in the medical field? Yes. I’m a nurse. Not practicing at present. And I swear I never had sex while on duty. Well…no. That didn’t count.
3. Did you choose agent route or small publishing house? Got my agent via Brenda Novak’s auction and my editor (Harlequin) through a contest. Same week. But also had tried for some small pubs.
4. Will your book be sold in stores in the US? Will be sold in stores in UK/Aus/NZ. (Please send pictures.) Online in the U.S. and France.
5. Why did you decide to go more online? Harlequin decided. Medical romance is sold only online in the US. Paperback and e-book. I love my Kindle!
6. How do you pick your character names? At first Jared was Ted. My first reader hated Ted. Ali – I liked the name. Then I Googled first/last combinations to avoid real names.
7. Any dating disasters? In 140 characters? I’ll just say: Drive in movie. Boones Farm Tickled Pink. Hot car. Open window. Garden hose. Angry parents.
8. Plans on promoting your novel? 30 stop blog tour. (TY for hosting me!) Bookmarks. Pens. Social networking. Donation of body parts if necessary. (JK)
9. How long have you been writing? Since nursery school. (I couldn’t resist. Sorry.) For publication? 4 years.
Fun & Random Questions
1. Beach or Lake – I love ocean waves and tranquil lakes but Jaws ruined me for swimming anywhere I can’t see below me. I pick pools! Preferably In the dark.
2. Bear or Lion – As an entrée? Rug? Accessory? Winter coat lining? I pick lion because I loved The Lion King.
3. Belle or Ariel (yes we’re talking fairytales) – Ariel! She wouldn’t be scared of Jaws, and she can work a pair of shells.
4. Kiss on the first date – Heck yeah! How else can I guarantee a second date? Sometimes my characters do a lot more than kiss ;)
5. Best read of 2010 – You’re killing me. Just one? Seriously? Maybe…Victoria Dahl’s A Little Bit Wild.
6. Caffeine of choice – Dark chocolate. I drink coffee rarely and only with a shot of Bailys in it.
7. Favorite food – Shellfish. Prepared by someone else. No snails or oysters – even with yummy sauces and French names.
8. Best date night - Candlelit dinner. Wine. Sex. Not necessarily in that order.
Now to catch all the fun! Here are some details!
Read an excerpt from WHEN ONE NIGHT ISN'T ENOUGH.
Want to buy it? YES YOU DO. Find it here:
Mills and Boon AUS
To continue the awesome:
So what's your experience with medical romance? Have you ever heard of them before? Have you ever read one? What did you think? Would you be willing to make mine your first? Do you watch medical drama on television? If so, what's your favorite show? One lucky commentor will win at copy of the 2in1 UK edition of my book which includes a complete novel by Janice Lynn!