I just found this amazing author via twitter the other day and HAD to get her on my blog! Naturally (because she’s made of awesome), she said YES! So who is this awesome? I don’t give in that easily… I want to show you the reason she caught my attention.
Gorgeous, intriguing, and oh so creepy! I know… I know, your wanting to run off and buy a copy immediately (which you should), but FIRST you should read the fabulous interview. She sat down with me (okay, so it wasn’t like we had coffee, this is the world of email folks. However, we can day dream) and answered questions!
Let’s dig in. Don’t you want to know strange things about Marianna Baer now?? I do! I do!
I give you the five ultimate randoms:
1. What room in your house would you consider the creepiest?
This question made me laugh! I live in NYC, alone, so my apartment is only one room! Well, not including the bathroom -- I'd forgotten about that. Okay, I'll choose the bathroom. It's creepy because when you flush the toilet, the pipes in the wall make this super loud, low groaning noise. It spooks kids who visit, that's for sure!
2. Would you wear a fancy dress to a roller skating rink?
I'd wear a fancy dress anywhere! Fancy dresses are one of my passions. But I'd only wear a fairly durable one to a rollerskating rink, as I'd probably spend half the time falling on my butt.
3. What food can put you instantly in a fabulous mood?
This special lotus root appetizer at my favorite Japanese restaurant.
4. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone?
A picture of my cat looking beautiful but evil.
5. First thing you’d save in a fire?
My cat. Unfortunately, the proximity of this question to the previous one makes it seem like I'm a crazy cat lady. Which maybe I am.
I'm kind of digging the cat lady thing... makes you seem more badass... or is that maybe because I have cats?
I give you the five one-word randoms:
1. Frost or snow: Snow. (Is it disloyal of me not to pick frost? I love snow...)
2. Cookies or Brownies: Both.
3. Haunted house or Haunted forest: Haunted house. (After watching Blair Witch Project, I could never, ever choose haunted forest.)
4. Hugs or Kisses: Kisses.
5. Favorite place on earth: I'm sorry - I can't possibly pick. Here are a few: islands off of Maine, beaches in the Caribbean, back roads in Vermont, the Isle of Skye off of Scotland, Paris, Brooklyn, New Mexico...
There you have it… the most important things about Marianna. I know you’ll all sleep better knowing what the wallpaper on her cell phone was. Go ahead, you can thank me!