Friday, June 15, 2012

Appreciate those who write.

Vignette

Poetry
Short Stories

Picture Books
Novellas

Novels
Screenplays

Music
Journal

Behind every person is a story teller.
Some never take the time to dive into it, some realize they don’t have the passion for it, others do it just to relieve the pain they feel.

It’s true when a writer tells you anyone can write. We don’t specify what exactly it is you should write after all, that’s half the writing process.
Now, I have no plans to write music, picture books, or journal every day but others will find what fits their personality best. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the hard work that is endured to complete the finished product.

Several us are inspired by music. What if there weren’t writers who wrote those beautiful words, around? We’d lose that inspiration.
What if that first book we touched, read, and slept with suddenly disappeared? Where would the idea have sparked for us to become writers?

Recently I’ve come to also realize how much work goes into writing a screenplay. It’s been a ton of fun to write but with each new scene I prep and write the more I appreciate those who have made successful stories on screen. After all, I wouldn’t get to enjoy half the movies I love today had it not been for the writers to first be blessed with the idea.
What writing inspires you?

14 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Well this morning you inspire me. ;D This is lovely and quite heartfelt. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Have a fantastic weekend, sweetie!

Lindsay N. Currie said...

All writing inspires me to be honest, but particularly BEAUTIFUL writing. I recently read Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone (ARC of it) by KAt Rosenfield. THAT was inspiring.

Natalie Aguirre said...

So true Jen. I'm really impressed with screen writers. Because they have to write a whole movie in so few words. It's amazing.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Probably songwriting first.

Liesel K. Hill said...

Sounds generic, but I'm inspired by any and all writing that is good! As someone who's ventured into other types of writing besides novels, I've come to appreciate how challenging other forums can be. When I find a beautifully written song or poem, I really love and appreciate because I know first hand that I couldn't do that!

Unknown said...

Screenplays have often inspired me to creativity. It's the way good screen-writers plan out their scenes. Focus the camera on relevant and touching elements of the film. Thank you, Hitchcock!

Angela Brown said...

Having worked on a screenplay with a friend, I can certainly understand where you're coming from. As for inspiration, reading the words has been my biggest inspiration. Hearing them in song comes in a strong second.

Meredith said...

Music ALWAYS inspires me. And movies. And TV. And pretty much anything beautiful--like this post. :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Jen,

IT's been FOREVER! Now you wrote a screenplay? WOW, that's impressive.

As you know, many things inspire me, but it could be almost anything. Something as inconsequential as a massive sea bird strutting down the beach...

Yes, I did see one last week. It made me laugh on a ver trying day....

Hope all is well with you...

Maurice Mitchell said...

Jen, I'm always in awe of movie script writers. The amount of imagination to write the dialogue and set up scenes blows my mind.

- Maurice Mitchell
The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
@thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

Susanna said...

Awesome blog and great post!! :) you're very inspiring for me! :)

xoxo
Susanna
http://susanna-behindmyeyes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Inspirational and unique. Love it @ 0hhshutup
http://0hhshutup.blogspot.co.uk/

Intangible Hearts said...

I like to write poetry, humor and inspirational stories both fiction and non. Very cute blog.

M. Reka said...

Inspiring post :)
All the best
Marinela x

Short Poems