Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Wordies - Movie Style

Since I'm having so much fun these days with screenplays I've decided it'd be fun to share the pitches for three different movies! These three are all comedies. Summer is here and that means the sun is shining, we are looking for some easy giggles and some light afternoons! Let's hope these three films fit the bill!

1. Three friends conspire to murder their awful bosses when they realize they are standing in the way of their happiness.

2. A middle-aged husband's life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a newfound friend, Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars.   

3. Competition between the maid of honor and a bridesmaid, over who is the bride's best friend, threatens to upend the life of an out-of-work pastry chef.

Any clues as to the titles of these films? I'd love to see how many have already laughed with me! Happy Watching!

8 comments:

JE said...

I only know the first one, and I think the name is Horrible Bosses. The one with Jennifer Aniston as the Dentist? Is that right? :-)

~JD

Meredith said...

I haven't seen the first one, but I've seen the last two, and I LOVED both of them so much! I may need to see them again now. :)

Unknown said...

Oh lord, have no idea on any of these. I'm more of an action movie watcher though.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah, Horrible Bosses for the first one but can't recall the others. Darn, and I posted movie tag lines today. I should know this stuff!

Angela said...

#3 is My Best Friend's Wedding (I think). With Julia Roberts, right?

I loved that movie.

Callie Leuck said...

Oh I know that last one (I think). Bridesmaids, right?

Books Etc. said...

1. Horrible Bosses (haven't seen)
2. Crazy Stupid Love (seen and freaking love - PS Ryan Gosling was in my city last week and I wasn't able to get out of work to go stalk him. Very disappointing)
3. Bridesmaids (didn't love it as much as I hoped I would)

Great picks! Hm..perhaps I will bust out Crazy Stupid Love again sometime soon...

Carolyn V said...

I loved the last one! I still laugh when I think of it. ;)