Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Wordies - Food Style

Author Note: For those of you who saw this last week, I'm sorry... my fingers slipped and posted it too early!

I'm a hungry blogger today so what's better than choosing stories that have some sort of food mention in their title!!! Times a wasting and this girl is ready for some grub when these first sentences are shared!!

1. The firm close of the door, despite not having been remotely slammed, nevertheless reverberates through the profound emptiness of my house.

2. Georgia turned onto a tree-lined street of brick town houses and brownstones, stopping when she reached a gunmetal-gray low-rise that shared none of it's neighbors' quiet charm.

3. Charlotte had known when she married Henry that he would inherit Transcome Point.

Any sounds enticing?! I know each one of these sentences had me asking a million questions. Then again I'm bias because I also saw the cover art and loved it!!!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY, READERS!!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Oooh, number 2 sounds fun! I need to read more foodie books. :)

Liesel K. Hill said...

Hmm. I like the first and the third, but I think the third was my favorite. It sounds like it could be the beginning of a Jane Austin book! :D

Nicki Elson said...

All marvelous first sentences. I'm kinda hungry too...and I just finished dinner - this is not good.

It's apparently been even longer than I realized since I've been here and I see you've embarked on a wonderful new adventure in your life! Congratulations on getting approved and may you and your husband be in for the most wonderful experience of your lifetime. :)