Tuesday, March 16, 2010

teaser tuesday

A continuation of yesterdays writings on the wall! Read that post first!

I stand outside motionless, I know I should move and find out what is happening but none of it will make a difference, by the time the police get there he will be gone. He will have taken another victim and I once again will be two steps behind him. My heart still beating fast, making it hard to breathe, holding the tears back I take a deep breath and try and calm down. I don’t want to upset Hunter because I haven’t witnessed anything as of yet, but I know the feeling, I know what has happened before, and I know what is about to happen. I noticed since he me he has gotten a lot quicker in traveling which makes it that much harder for everyone else to capture him. I was the only one that knew where he was but I hadn’t mastered being two steps ahead of him, it was frustrating. I wanted to know how the hell I was supposed to catch someone who wasn‘t easy to find, luckily Hunter came out and saved me from myself, he ran towards me in a panic “Their on their way” I couldn’t believe they hadn’t questioned him, but after all the help he’s given them it also wasn’t that much of a surprise, I knew that eventually they would wonder how he knew so much, though he’d never be able to tell, and no one would believe him anyway, after all I was invisible to everyone else. "Are you okay?" I had just realized I hadn't responded to him and it did appear as if I was in a shocked state, though I knew differently, this wasn't the worst I had seen, and I also knew that it wasn't the worst that would come. "I'm fine, thanks for not questioning me" he nodded, I was relieved to have him no longer ask a million questions, I tired easily and all the questions were a bit overwhelming at times, I was glad he understood. I still had an issue though, I couldn't be done yet, I was tired and weak, I wanted this all to be over but I knew it was too soon, the killer hadn't given up yet, and I was unsure if you ever would... and if I would ever catch him.

Tomorrow's post: Prada and Prejudice review !!!
Thursdays post: My truth is revealed along with another award!!! If you haven't voted for my truth do so here!

27 comments:

Christine Danek said...

Awesome! Can't wait to read more:)

Kittie Howard said...

I was tired and weak, I wanted this all to be over but I knew it was too soon, the killer hadn't given up yet,

I like this, I like it a lot!!

Unknown said...

Aww thanks Christine!!!

Kittie you are so sweet!!! I'm so glad you liked it!!

Kimberly Franklin said...

So very good! No, scratch that. Brilliant! I think I need to start writing on the walls!!!!!


Now give me more...please.

Unknown said...

Kimberly THANK YOU!!!! Oh my gosh that means so much! Another 2000 words tonight I hope!

Kelly Polark said...

Wow! You are moving right along! Good luck on your next 2000 words!
Looking forward to your Prada and Prejudice review, cute book!

Crystal Cook said...

Wow! This is great Jen! You have me intrigued :) Can't wait to read more!

NabilaHazirah said...

Wow1 Awesome,will be loking forward to the next one!

JournoMich said...

I like the train of thought flow to it. Slim on commas, raining words. There's a real pressure to the writing. You can feel the pain she (?) feels.

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone! I love that you're loving it especially since it's a very rough draft!!!

Yes Michelle, she would be correct! I am a crazy comma girl when writing! At least my rough drafts that is I will be working on it.

Jai Joshi said...

I can't believe I completely forgot to follow you. I'm usually on the ball with stuff like that. Anyway, glad to be here now!

I'll read through your lies and see if I can pick out your truth before tomorrow.

Jai

Ann said...

A great read Jen. Looking forward to reading more.

I am also anxious to read your P&P review.

Unknown said...

Thank you Jai Joshi for following! I did the same thing to Nicole, always read her blogs but never realized I wasn't following her! Luckily she reminded me!

I'm excited to reveal my truth on Thursday!!! I'm itching to share!

Thank you Ann! I'm excited to post my review for all of you tomorrow!

Talli Roland said...

Hi Jen! Sorry it's taken me so long to find my way over here to your blog... I stupidly couldn't find the link. Anyway, I'm here now, and I loved your extract - thanks for sharing!

Thomasina said...

I would so buy this book! Nice work girl!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you joined Talli!!! I love new followers (or old!)

Oh Thomasina thank you so much!! That is so sweet of you! I'm so happy that you'd buy this book! These aren't even my favorite parts! Those I won't share until I'm published! :)

DL Hammons said...

I hate teasers!!! Especially when they're so good. They should outlaw teaser Tuesday!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it DL!!! Most of the time I would agree with you, because a lot of them are great!! However I am loving the feedback!

Anonymous said...

Another awesome teaser. Thanks once again for sharing! :o)

Shelley Sly said...

Whew! You had me nervous reading this one (and the previous post leading up to it), which is good! You write with a kind of flow that doesn't let me stop reading. Good job!

Ms Sparrow said...

Great read, Jen. I love your enthusiasm and creativity. Write on!

Unknown said...

Aww thanks you guys, you are so sweet!

Shelley you are so sweet!! I'm so glad I am conveying the emotion I want!!!

Anonymous said...

Well written, Jen. I can't wait to read more.
When I read your posts, I feel as if I'm reading a novel that was written by a perfect writer.
I wish I could write like you!

LOVE!

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

what a great teaser excerpt! thanks so much for your kind words about my blog. the word is getting out, but it's slow. anything you could do to help would be awesome...i see you have quite the following. :) let me know if i can ever put one of your characters on the couch....

jeannie
The Character Therapist

Sarah said...

This is so intense! Great job, Jen!

Anonymous said...

cool post u are a good writer
i really need writer now

Unknown said...

Thanks Tywo!

Your welcome Jeannie, oh and thank so much for the sweet words!! I will for sure let you know when it's time to pick up a copy!

Thank you Sarah!

Coooolsms thank you!