Just want to share something very quickly: I've been a bad blogger. Though you see my posts I know you don't see my comments. I hope to be back after some intense editing. Just know I'm still here and miss you all!!!
Now onto killing characters...
I've been having trouble with my characters lately. It seems they've given up on me. I don't let it bother me. I cope. However I figured you might like to know the evil things I do to keep them from me.
When characters stop talking to you...
1. Create a fighting scene (something you character wouldn't like to be involved it. When they're whining they're talking. It's better than nothing).
2. Threaten to replace them (main characters don't fall easily to this one. That hasn't stopped me. If the main character isn't working they don't get the hot spot.)
3. Killing them off (again the main character will play you. The good thing is they're still talking. It works. The jokes on them.)
4. Give them caffiene (this is used after the not-so-positive approaches don't work. Shove a latte in their face they'll spill).
5. Allow time for good TV (your MC may want to watch Pretty Little Liars, don't deprive them).
So there you are. Next time your main character stops talking tell them Jen came up with awesome ideas. There's no way they'll defeat you.