Monday, May 30, 2011

Pictures Worth a Thousand

Everyone knows a picture is worth a thousand words.

I used to search on Google for hours for the perfect photo. Finally I decided to take a leap of faith and try a service. Fotolia was a place that had offered a promotion for me to scroll around and check out all the images they offered.

What a selection. From thousands of images to choose from I may  have spent hours searching but I was gaining so many things I wanted vs. the hours of searching and ending up with nothing.

It allowed me to perfect the mock-up book covers that each one of us as writers like to play around with to image ourselves one day published!

So rather than sharing even more on why I love Fotolia with my words why don't I show you with my book covers!





I had so much fun designing my book covers! Now I'm not only an addict to Fotolia but addicted to making book covers!

One lucky commentor will be given a 2 week FREE trial period! If you're interested please let me know! I'll choose the winner by the end of the day!

22 comments:

Aurora Smith said...

Im desighning my book cover right now, and it is really really fun.

Jessica Bell said...

Yeah, I had fun designing my book cover for the poetry. It's kinda addictive!

Creepy Query Girl said...

How neat is that!! Your covers are so fun!

Emily White said...

I discovered Fotolia about a month ago and I love it! So many wonderful selections.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Might be good for inspiration as well.

Bidisha said...

30 guys in 30 days? How cool is that?!
I'm browsing through Fotolia now and yes, it's getting to me.
Such adorable covers. And I have this thing for book covers, so I'd just love this.

:)

Laura said...

This sounds brilliant - I was thinking to design a cover for my BuNoWriMo project-to-be as a bit of inspiration - I'm off for a look :)
Lx

Stina said...

Love the covers, especially #1 and 3. :D

Jen said...

How fun! I making a cover really makes a book...or in my case, a lot more motivation!

Unknown said...

Love the covers! Thanks for sharing about the service, I will definitely check it out.

Talli Roland said...

Love the covers, Jen! How much fun is that? They're so cute, too.

Talei said...

Hey, these look fab! And I bet are fun to make too! Brilliant! ;-)

Jolene Perry said...

Way, way fun :D

I can't imagine how much time I'd spend/waste with that - though, I have spent a HUGE amount of time on istock for my own books.

Ellie Garratt said...

I adore designing mock book covers - they give me inspiration to carry on writing. I can tell you feel the same way by yours!

Ellie Garratt

Carolyn V said...

Wow. That is so cool Jen! I'd be totally addicted. =D

Sophia Chang said...

Oh gawd, this could be REALLY dangerous for me lolol

Fairy Ellis said...

I'm anxious to go check this out!

Meredith said...

Aw, your covers are so cute and fun! I love it. Especially The Beginner Housewife--clearly a book I would love to read. :)

LTM said...

Job Hop to Hunk Hop... LOL!!! Fun stuff. I love your covers, Jen! You're so funny~ :o) <3

Jamie Gibbs said...

I like the sound of it, though I'd likely go in and Photoshop any photo I used to death (I'm a photoshop fiend, I can't help myself, hehe). I love designing book covers and fake movie posters though, will definitely check it out :D

Jennifer Hillier said...

These covers are awesome! I think you have more creativity in your little finger than I do in my whole head. And thanks for the tip on Fotolia - hadn't heard of it, but I'll have to go try it out now!

Sarah Ahiers said...

your covers are awesome! And man, i would spend waaaaaay too much time mucking about on there