Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Twisted Velvet Chains

Today I'm taking a break from Twist Tuesday's to share a very special blogger and friend of ours Jessica Bell! She's written Twisted Velvet Chains, a collection of poetry. So today I'll be reviewing her book!

Twisted Velvet Chains by Jessica Bell

Not one to normally pick up a book of poetry I took a leap of faith unaware on what I'd find with each page.

I was left breathless. This book is not meant for those who love the light and airy feel of certain poems. Bell gives you painstaken attention to detail with the raw and moving emotion that each poem leaves.

This book represents real life, real emotion, and real people. Growing up with a bi-polar mother I found myself captivated and in touch with the feelings that are shared. Brutal honesty doesn't even begin to describe what Bell opens in this collection, you'll walk away with new meaning and understanding not only with the author but also with certain relations you experienced within the poems.

Some poems left me teary-eyed & gut-wrenched as if I'd replaced the writer and felt every emotion she'd felt. For a collection that will move you I suggest you pick up a copy of Twisted Velvet Chains, the honesty will knock you off your feet.

28 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Thank you Jen, SO MUCH for such a wonderful review! ;o) Mwah! Much love flying your way! XOXO

Diana Mieczan said...

Wow..sounds amazing and I have a friend who would totally adore this book! Thanks, sweetie and have a fantastic morning. Muah

Jessica Bell said...

If anyone wants to purchase it you can do so here!!! : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1461108462 :o)

Candyland said...

OMG where have I been? I feel like such a crappy friend. I love Jess and her writing is BRILLIANT. Can't wait to read this!

Angela said...

It is unflinchingly honest, isn't it?

Fresh Garden said...

Absolutely fantastic!
I can't afford to miss it!!

Jillian said...

wow. Raw emotion.... that is what poetry is meant for!!!!

Jen this was a beautiful review, and Jessica, you sound like a very talented writer.

Talli Roland said...

Yay! I loved this book and I'll be posting about it at some point in the near future, too.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I'm so excited for Jessica! :-)

andymac89 said...

Hi I couldn't see where to post it so I just put it as a comment.

I have begun writing my own story and am looking for feedback - positive and negative as long as it's constructive - but I'm struggling to find it.

Can you be of help please?

http://andrewmcdonald-creation.blogspot.com/

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Lovely review Jen!!!

AVY said...

How I love poetry, I wish more people did.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



Lenny Lee said...

hi miss jen! its just real nice you did this cool review. i love miss jessica soooo much. i like how shes so real and honest in what she writes. im thinking those poems are a little old for me but im still wanting that book cause i could share it out with my family and still have it when i get more older. miss you!
...hugs from lenny

S.A. Larsenッ said...

So happy you spotlighted Jess, Jen!! Heart you Jess! I am so proud of you!

Elana Johnson said...

Awesome! I'll admit that the reason I don't read poetry is because I'm not smart enough to "get" it. But I should try again.

Golden Eagle said...

It sounds like a powerful book.

Great review!

Laura said...

Great review. I want this book - it is now officially on my list!
Lx

Kittie Howard said...

Lovely review, Jen. Jess's book is brilliant!

Jennifer Hillier said...

Amazing review! Can't wait to read this.

erica and christy said...

I've avoided poetry in the past, but recently have been thinking about giving it a try again. This will be a good one to start with! thanks, christy

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I'm not one to read poetry, but your review has me curious. I might have to look at this one.

... Paige said...

thanks for the recommendation I always enjoy good moving poetry

Nicole Zoltack said...

What a great review, this sounds like a great read! I love raw poetry.

Samantha Vérant said...

Wow! What a review! I'm not even a big a fan poetry, but...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh Wowwww..... Its really wonderful I like it. I think your job is perfect I am really Impress this.

PHP Programmer

Unknown said...

I am really happy after read this story. I Think this is very beautiful post. Love it.

Compare Internet Security

Jessica Bell said...

How ironic that you get internet spam advertising Internet security!!! lolol