Friday, April 27, 2012

Change is good

You're going to be seeing some changes at Unedited.

I'm thinking about redoing my blog design.

My writing style has changed over the past few years and with it I have grown. I love creating my fun banners. Those will never disappear but the style, the tabs, the posts... All of that will slowly have a more focused theme.

I hope you all continue to follow. You'll actually see me around the blogosphere a lot more. I'm starting to balance the time between reading, writing, and blogging.

I think I went through the two-year itch. You know, where you're kind of blogged out. Every time you put yourself online you realize it seems more like work that fun. That's changed. I realize how much I missed you guys! Once I passed the guilt stage I was able to really dig deep down inside and find that I still ADORE blogging. It's as much of a passion as writing and reading is. For me, they go hand in hand.

I've never met so many amazing people.

Thank you for hanging out with me. Thanks for taking the time to watch me grow and learn. Most of all, thanks for being my blogger friends.

Have you made any changes? Did it take time for the whole process to feel worth it?

13 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Looking forward to the new look!! (I've actually been dabbling with the same idea, searching for just the right images that apply to me and my writing.)

And Jen, we follow you because of your beautiful insides, not any appearance on the outside. ;D

Karen Baldwin said...

Of course I'll continue to follow. Can't wait to see your new look.

roxanne s. sukhan said...

Change is definitely good. I've been blogging for 6 years and I think the thing that kept my blog going is the fact that I get restless frequently and change my blog design often. Part of it is because I like photoshopping and designing blogs. Good luck with your changes.

Jennifer said...

I just found your blog and I like the design but look forward to seeing what you come up with next. I recently changed my design. I've only been blogging for a year but have already changed the layout a few times but I think I finally found something I'm truly pleased with.


The blogging community really is amazing. I've never met so many amazing people, either.

Stina said...

I'm not ready to change my blog design yet. It took forever to find the one I did fall in love with. :)

I haven't lost my love for blogging, but I do love it when I take mini vacations from it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I see you are already starting to change things!
Glad you'll be back. I may be scaling back some after the Challenge because I need time to finish my third and final book.

Laura said...

Hi Jen - looking forward to see what you come up with next :) great that you've rediscovered your blogging zest :)
Laura xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! I'm not going anywhere. Looking forward to seeing what changes you make to your blog. I won't be changing my blog anytime soon. Have a great weekend!

Mary Aalgaard said...

You have a sweet blog. We are all constantly changing and evolving. Sometimes, it happens in small ways, and sometimes, you need a major overhaul. Happy recreating!

Play off the Page

Laura Pauling said...

I think that's pretty normal to change things up as we grow as writers and know more our brand and what directions we're going in. I recently made a change to.

Ricardo Miñana said...

have an interesting space, a great pleasure to read you.
if you like the poetry I invite you to my space.
happy day.
a greeting.

Ricardo Miñana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin Rae said...

girlfriend i change up my blog ALL the time LOL. can't wait to see what you come up with! :)