Monday, April 9, 2012

I admire writers.

I'm a reader.

I'm a writer.

You're a reader.

You're a writer.

We've talked about inspiration. About how music, books, and nature bring us those creative characters. However I never mentioned the impact other writers truly have in my writing.

When I wrote my first story I mimicked Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Granted, it was more like plagarizing, but through this path the excitement and seed grew. I'd become a writer... not a very good one, but nonetheless that small window opened and I couldn't stop.

Suddenly I started hearing the lyrics in music and found they weaved such a beautiful web of tunes it was intoxicating. Birdy, being one of my personal favorite albums, has a song that is eerily beautiful and leaves me wanting to run to my laptop and write another chapter for my eerily beautiful tale.

I admire several writers, especially since they come in all shapes and sizes.

Those with musical talent leave me in awe with out they're able to produce such a melody in such a few amount of words.

Childrens storybook writers. The way they can reach young people and make it look effortless. Those who are writers know that is not an easy feet.

I doubt I'm the only one who admires other writers.

11 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

I can't even count the number of writers admire - all of them!

Jemi Fraser said...

You're not alone! I admire those who create worlds I can only imagine after I've read their words. I admire those who take our ordinary world and make u s look at it in a whole new way. And many, many more! :)

AVY said...

What Jemi said.


/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Lindsay N. Currie said...

I agree 100%. I admire so, so many writers:)

S.P. Bowers said...

I agree. I have so much to learn from all the amazing writers out there.

Bish Denham said...

Oh gosh, my whole A to Z Challenge this year is about books, authors and characters I admire and that influenced me.

Emily R. King said...

I have a list of writers I admire! But above all, poets. How do they do it? I suck at poetry. My brain doesn't function like a poet's does. They amaze me!

Unknown said...

I hear that if you want to be a great writer, you should copy the masters. Literally. Write their words out. Of course, you can't publish it but you can learn from it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I just wish I could combine my writing and guitar playing.

Stephsco said...

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is pretty great. Even though I didn't like one of her books and quit reading halfway through, her writing was excellent, I just didn't care for the way the story was laid out (and later found it was one of her least liked books). But she does such a great job at rounding out characters and making polarizing characters likeable.

Denise Moncrief said...

There are some writers whose prose leaves me breathless wishing I had that kind of talent. For a long time I tried to imitate. Now I let my voice come through. It is a good thing to know my limitations.
I'll never write literature! But I know what genre my style fits and I'm content to be there. I'm constantly stretching to improve my style and my voice. So I keep reading. Other writers are great inspiration.