Monday, April 16, 2012

Teenage Love

Jillian is a fabulous chick over at Teenage Bride. I love the sweet posts she shares about her life. She's written a book and a VERY sweet post for Unedited today!

TAKE IT AWAY JILL!

Writing a book has always been a dream of mine, but somehow until recently, I had managed to convince myself that this was one goal I would never achieve.


Initially I thought that the only thing holding me back from doing what I loved was lack of talent.

It took me a while, but I finally realized that the only thing that was truly holding me back from doing what I loved was fear of failure.

When I was sixteen I met my husband. By eighteen we were married. When we decided to marry right out of high school I had no idea how many questions we would field from friends and family. Everyone wanted to know why. What was the driving force behind our desire to marry so young? People were fascinated and confused.

By twenty one, my husband and I welcomed our first child. Motherhood is by far the most rewarding and the most difficult thing that I have ever experienced.

My experiences as a young wife and mother prompted me to keep a diary. My diary unfolded into a blog where it was met with such positive feedback that I decided to turn my experiences as a young wife and mother into a book titled Diaries of a teenage Bride.

Before long, by fulfilling my dream of becoming a wife and mother, I had been given an avenue to reach my goal of becoming a published author.

The book is full of funny anecdotes, embarrassing stories, and lessons I have learned since becoming a wife. Marriage is not easy. Parenthood is not easy, but then again the best things in life rarely are.

Diaries of a Teenage Bride is available for purchase through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Author House, and my personal website http://www.jillianamodio.com/.

15 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Sometimes no matter what age - you just know and are ready! I know happily married couples that started dating in middle school! I can't imagine it but it happens.

Jillian said...

Jen thanks for being such a doll!!!! xxxooo

S.A. Larsenッ said...

It's great to meet you, Jill. The story sounds wonderful, but your life story is even more so. I'll ditto Laura: sometimes you just know.

JE said...

Hello Jill!

What a wonderful idea for a story! I, too, married my highschool sweetie right two years after graduating and thankfully, we are still married some twelve years later. ;-) Your book sound like something right up my alley!

~JD

Bish Denham said...

Good for you Jill. I hope you continue to have a fulfilled life as a wife, mother and writer. Don't let anyone tell you that working at any of these things isn't work. It is, and it's good work.

Theresa Milstein said...

And I thought I met my husband young and started to raise a family earlier than most. I got nothing on you!

Unknown said...

I had my son really young and it was the best decision I ever made. Not that I recommend that route to everyone. I'll check out her webpage.

Emily R. King said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I was 21 when I became a mom, too. Nice meeting you, Jill! :)

Carolyn V said...

That is so cool that you used your diary Jill! Thanks for sharing! =D

Nicki Elson said...

How cool that a journal turned into this. Goo luck w/ the next adventure, Jill.

Hi Jen!!!

Jemi Fraser said...

My hubby and I started dating at 17 and we've been together for a looong time now! It can definitely work :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am totally going to check out her website. She sounds so lovely:) Wish you both a great morning. Muah

Anonymous said...

Hello Jill! Nice to meet you and learn about your book. I stopped by your site and checked out the book video. Very nicely done. Best wishes for your book.


Susanne
PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

Christina Lee said...

This was great! I wish you much luck and happiness. Off to click on links!

Jennifer Lane said...

Definitely a different choice to be married so young, but I'm glad it's working for you so far. I'm 41 and have never married--I love being single for the most part. To each her own!