Saturday, January 23, 2010

love letters, full of life

My husband inspired me today.

Now he does this often, but today was extra special. We purchased the wet erase board for writings on the wall, but he also thought picking up a few notebooks would be a good idea, and of course a new notebook is always wanted, so I agreed. He had found one he liked, and since it seemed the only one of its kind he said he must pick it up.

When we left the store I had myself a cute pink composition book, and he had a designed composition book, now he isn't a writer so I had no idea what he planned to do with it but I didn't question since I had gotten to purchase one as well. As we were walking out to the car he told me that the notebook was for us, everyday he would write something in the notebook, even if just those three words all women love to hear (I love you) and if I chose to write back I could, but it wasn't a necessity. My dear husband was going to write me letters, very romantic, very unlike him... but I loved the idea. It brought me back to when we first met, we had written letters back and forth to one another... not romantic all the time, sometimes just discussing the struggles we faced, the feelings we had about our families, typical issues that are discussed. I loved it, and I had missed it. I had shared this morning that I had missed that part of us, not to make him jump to the gun and fix the issue, but just to let him know how much I loved those days. So now from this point forward he will be writing in a notebook to me.

Now with that being said I still had my composition book, and the one thing I am terrible at is when I write something down on a sheet of paper, if I hate it I tear it out and throw it away. It is a terrible habit and I dislike it, so I too have made a promise today, every word I write in this notebook will remain in the notebook, my husband made sure to hear me say it aloud. I am still grasping for air at the thought... I love to keep my notebooks in pristine condition... lovely... handwriting beautifully laid out... nothing a mess. Just thinking about it makes me panic, but my husband shared this with me

- Notebooks are special, you buy it brand new nothing written, the paper awaiting the many thoughts that fill your day, as you grow older so does your notebook, it grows with knowledge, a story, a part of you... and every piece you throw away takes away from the experience and the journey. Once they are complete its full of life -

With those words I realized that I could be missing key points in my stories... my life... or just in general I could be taking away from the journaling experience, so I have made the promise to keep the notebook with all its pages, its potential battle wounds, because that is what makes the notebook real!

10 comments:

MeganRebekah said...

Wow I love this idea! Thanks for sharing such a sweet story!

Kristi Faith said...

thanks for stopping by my blog, RAW :0) I can't wait to share the journey with you. It's great your husband is so supportive!!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Remarkable! What a beautiful idea, and what a doll your husband is for thinking of it. Just think of what these letters will come to mean to you down the road. So sweet.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I've journaled all my adult life. Now I put less on paper and more on my blog which actually makes me a little sad.

PS I have a notebook addiction. I can't help it.

PSS what a great husband.

Melissa Hurst said...

You have a wonderful husband! That is something I'd love for my hubby to do:)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! My husband is such a doll, and is so supportive! I couldn't ask for a better man to be by my side!!

PS Journaling woman - I love notebooks! I think I like them as much as some women love shoes! LOL

April Mitchell said...

What a sweet husband! I love notebooks!! My favorite are the Black n' Red brand ones.

Robyn said...

That is a wonderful story, and a very sweet husband for thinking of that for you~
I do the same thing with notebooks, and tear out pages. It's such a waste of paper though!

And thank you for following my blog! :D
-Robyn

Lisa Smith said...

Until I had children, I never tore a page out of any of my journals. ever. Now I have to tear out pages to write the teacher notes, do homework, make grocery lists, etc. But I like your no editing every word stays policy.

Anonymous said...

This is too lovely.

LOVE!