Sunday, January 24, 2010

thoughts from the floor

The world is seen differently when sitting on the floor, things you thought were missing and lost forever suddenly are seen under the nearby coffee table. A wine cork is under your entertainment center -this being from the party over a week ago- in result makes you relaize you should have a cleaned a little more thoroughly.

You watch your anmials roam around the room, but you never sit and think about what they see when they look up at you. So intimidating, so tall, giant like, but when you lay on the ground they immediately seem less threatened, less concerned with your height.

As you lay on the ground you also suddenly realize how tall 12ft really is. How big a room is, how big the furniture is in the room, its a whole different world as you lay on the floor... I suppose it gives me a little more inspiration... and another look on life

8 comments:

Natalie Murphy said...

Great post! I loved it.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

From the floor is indeed a different world.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hmm...that's a good idea. Something like that can really open your mind. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Natalie!

And you are right Journaling Woman a different world... and amazing!

Jennifer - It does open the mind to look at things differently and I am always striving to do that!

Arlee Bird said...

The view from the floor is the child's eye view. It brings me memories of being below the radar of the "big" people and being able to spy on them and hear their secret conversations as I am unnoticed to them. Now, sometimes I'll get on the floor with my baby granddaughter and her face will light up as I come down into her world and see things from her point of view. Then later, it's such a hassle for me to get back up into my aging world.

JudyH329 said...

Very insightful point of view! Thanks for stopping by, would love for you to join us on Tuesday Morning Writing, you caught the post before I finished posting. Come back and give us a check out.

Lisa Smith said...

Wait until you have kids...my floor has all manor of treasures and yuck on it!

Tom Bailey said...

That is a great illustration in how a small shift in viewpoint can completely change a viewpoint.

Best regards,
Tom Bailey