Monday, January 25, 2010

mondays writing on the wall


So here it is, the writing on the wall. My first attempt, but most certainly not my last. I have taken pictures upon request, the one above is me contemplating what to write (my husband thought it was cute)



and the second picture is of the view that inspired me. The board that I purchased isn't what I wanted so I will be changing that this week, but the concept is excellent, its a whole new world of writing when I stand in that corner of the room.

This is what I wrote:

The building remained empty, quiet, and rather eerie. The path was lined with tall trees, very secluded, I stood at the entrance, the only thing standing in my way was the locked gate and No tresspassing sign. It was a tease, an abandoned area that laid beautifully in the middle of nowhere, and I couldn't even take a quick peek? I contemplated as the birds flew around unaware of the position I was in. Who would know if I just walked a little further? The more I thought about it, the more I saw myself inching closer to the closed gate. The gate was simple, it locked in the middle, used more for keeping vehicles out rather than people. I decided to take a chance, I climbed over the gate and began to walk down the path, as I turned to look back at the entrance I began to realize no one else was around, it was even quieter, for such a place being abandoned it was in beautiful condition, the landscaping had certainly been cared for, the building was long, at one point it could have been some sort of plant, but now it was just wasted space. As she neared the building she felt a little more dangerous, she inched further, she wanted to look inside.

I have decided that I will continue this weekly process to get a little more inspiration, to continue a story or just random thoughts as they come through my head, each Sunday I will write, and every Monday I will post!

5 comments:

Kimberly Franklin said...

I'm interested to hear about your experiences while writing on the wall. : )

Jody Hedlund said...

Sounds like a great writing prompt and way to get your creative juices going!

Unknown said...

Good luck with this as you experiment with your idea -- and who knows what storylines and characters will show up along the way!

Valerie Kemp said...

Hey! I gave you a blog award today, come check it out here!

Susan R. Mills said...

What a great idea! I might just have to try that.