Saturday, May 8, 2010

Explanation and Tag

Good Morning Bloggers!

I wanted to explain more in detail about yesterdays video. First off I'm glad you all enjoyed them but it seems I didn't explain it very well, not an uncommon problem, I call it Jen talk, my husband understands me along with my family but that's pretty much it. So here are the details...

1. If you chose to participate I'll email you and reveal the something vs. something (example: dragons vs. dinosaurs), I'll make sure to provide all the blog links who are participating so you can link it to your blog so everyone can see who's participating!
2. This is a battle between characters in the video, not between fellow bloggers. That was an idea but it was too complicated to figure out. So you create your own script with characters choosing sides, as always be creative and have fun with it.
3. The battle is between two characters you chose from xtranormal.com, I will link us all together
3. Sign up to xtranormal.com, if you've never signed up it's easy to just fill in the info an start making your video, you choose your own background, characters, everything. Now if you need help figuring it out as always email me and I'll help you!!

I hope I explained it a little better, if you're still confused let me know and I can go into more detail!!

Now onto the Tagging!

So I have been hoarding this Tag that TJ Carson gave me at the beginning of the week and since I haven't done it I thought today would be a great day to complete it!!!

So here is how the game is played. There are 5 questions and you must answer each question 5 times and then TAG 5 people to play. So here goes my 5...

Question 1: Where were you five years ago?
1) Watching Project Runway
2) Living in Des Moines, Iowa
3) Watching the snow disappear and the spring flowers bloom!
4) Looking into college.
5) Getting excited for the state fair!
Question 2: Where would you like to be five years from now?
1) Published.
2) Adopting children.
3) Owning a nice house.
4) Attending a few writing conferences.
5) Eating ice cream
Question 3: What is (was) your to-do list today?
1) Taking a shower and getting dressed.
2) Laundry.
3) Catching up on some blogs.
4) Going swimming.
5) Make some lunch and dinner (Oh it's still morning so some blueberry muffins as well!)
Question 4: What five snacks do you enjoy?
1) Chocolate chip cookies
2) Kazoozles
3) Sopapillas
4) Ice cream
5) apple turnovers
Question 5: What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1) Give an amazing christmas to local orphanages.
2) Having a house with a pool.
3) Traveling the world.
4) Owning a house in Montana (my husbands dream and I'd like to make sure it happens!)
5) Making time to visit all my family!

There you have it!!! I'll tag five of you later when I have time! Until then Happy Saturday!

36 comments:

Candyland said...

Mmmm apple turnovers...

Joanne said...

Okay wait, you have a little more explaining to do ...

Kazoozles and sopapillas?? They sound fascinating, but I've never heard of them! What are they?

Unknown said...

Heck yes gotta love those apple turnovers!!

Joanne what are you saying?! How could you have never had either of them??? Kazoozles are this awesome twizzler like candy!! They are super yummy! Sopapillas are cinnamon sugar pastries that you can eat with ice cream, chocolate or honey!

Crystal Cook said...

We both love Kazoozles!!! You were the only person who even knew what they were! :):):)

I loved reading this Jen, so fun. Have a great Saturday.

And I tried to watch your video yesterday, but my computer wouldn't let me. Don't know why. . .

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Joanne asked the question! I wasn't sure what Kazoozles and Sopapillas were either. Got to love the names too.

I'm going check into your battle challenge. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Crystal I was shocked when I heard you knew what they were!!! They are so delicious! However so hard to track down! I only have two gas stations that carry it! That's it! So I really have to search if I want them.

Lynn - Lots of people don't know about them, sad too because they are delicious!

Carolyn V. said...

Mmmmm. I love apple turnovers. That's why I have to run on the treadmill (that and chocolate). =)

Kittie Howard said...

Think I gained a pound reading about fun stuff to eat...sigh...spring diets are a bore...surely one apple turnover wouldn't hurt...

Jaydee Morgan said...

Enjoyed all your answers - and I even learned a couple new words/food items too.

Enjoy the weekend!

Karen Lange said...

Fun to learn more about you:)
Happy weekend!

Talli Roland said...

Ah... I get it now. Thanks for decoding the Jen-talk! :)

Great answers! And I love Project Runway. We have a UK version called Project Catwalk but it's nowhere near as good.

Happy Saturday!

Shelley Sly said...

Aww, I'm so glad someone else has a huge heart for adopting kids! That's always been my dream!

Amy Saia said...

This is fun reading about your dreams and likes, etc. I hope all your wishes come true!

Laura S. said...

Love the idea of giving orphanages an amazing Christmas! That's so sweet.

Since you mentioned it, now I could really go for some ice cream!!!

Clara said...

May I just say this was a freaking cool idea!! Loved it!
Aaaand had a blast with your questionaire! =)

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Here's to eating ice cream in five years! I've never heard of Kazoozles. Gonna have to go check then out...

Warren Baldwin said...

Linked here from Emily Ann's blog. Congrats on winning the book. There is a give away of my book now (essays on Proverbs) on Alisa Hope's blog, Faith Imagined.

T.J. Carson said...

NIIICCEEE! but what are kazoozles and sopapillas??? haha. And I so want to do your something v. something video thing...is it a contest i'm not quite sure but I WANT TO DO IT FOR THE HECK OF IT! :) my email is sarahem@udel.edu

oh yeas and I have a blog award for you!!!!!!!

Theresa Milstein said...

I LOVE Project Runway. I'm a big fan of Top Chef and Top Chef Masters too.

Hope you get what you want on your five years in the future list.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Love chocolate chip cookies.

Eva said...

Adopting children huh, that is a wonderful thing :)

Unknown said...

I wish I had time for something vs. something, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's!

India Drummond said...

Enjoyed your answers! Always fun to learn more about folks.

Mary Aalgaard said...

What's a Kazoozle? Sounds like something Willie Wonka invented. Cool that you'd support a Merry Christmas to an orphanage. How many would you adopt?

angelarene said...

Love me some Project Runway!! Also wanted to say I love the title of your WIP. Happy Writing!

Susan Fields said...

I'd like to be eating ice cream in 5 years, too!

And you just reminded me I need to put in another load of laundry - thanks!

MTeacress said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! I'm hearing so much about Kazoozles, I'm feeling left out. I must try some. That is one of my goals for the month of May. :)

T.J. Carson said...

Ah yeah! here's my entry!

http://tjcarsonsblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/youre-cool-hes-hott-sampler-sunday.html

I put it in my latest blog post but I'll also email it to you! Really freaking love that video thing! Had a gay old time with the australian accent and sexual innuendos ahaha. Ha I kinda have a cracked sense of humor!

T.J. Carson said...

haha my bad. I didn't get that part. I'll repost it friday to make life easy! ;)

T.J. Carson said...

ha SCORE CONTEST! Loving that and the judge thing would be AWESOME! and Badges are the ish!!! lol.

Ha and I def sprayed some ice cream saliva on my computer screen because the Trojan thing was so random and hilarious that I did not expect it when I was trying to melt my ice cream desert in my mouth! hahaha. YOU ROCK JEN!

T.J. Carson said...

p.s. loving the background

p.s.s. i got more ice cream since that one spoonful ended up all over haha

p.s.s.s. i think i'm gonna make a few bazillion videos of random stuff just to amuse myself! The accents make me giggle!

pssssssssssssssssss. how coincidental is that? Trojan appears when you comment on my blog after watching my sexual inuendo/heathledger/dogsrulevideo. haha.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

HI Jen,
I wanted to thank you for stopping by DivineDistractions and leaving a comment. Glad to have you as a follower. Always love another Texas girl among the ranks!

lisa and laura said...

Kazoozles and sopapillas? I'm intrigued....

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Oh, this battle sounds fun!

But what in the world are Kazoozles?

Lua said...

If I’m published & eating ice cream in 5 years- I’d be the happiest girl alive!! :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

You have some really nice "If I were a billionaire" wishes. :)