Tuesday, May 4, 2010

tuesday twist

This is one of my favorites, so I've decided to bring it back!!! Tuesday twists is where I share a synposis of three stories and you tell me if you'd all of them or none of them!!! At the end I give you the title's and the authors!! Enjoy!

First Synopsis: (The one I'm currenlty reading)
Mina Hamilton's parents want her dead. (Or undead to be precise.) They're vampires, and like it or not, Mina must decide whether to become a vampire herself. But Mina's more interested in hanging out with best friend Serena and trying to catch the eye of the too-hot-for-high-school Nathan Able than in the vampire training classes she's being forced to take. How's a girl supposed to find the perfect prom date and pass third-year French when her mom and dad are breathing down her neck—literally?

Second Synopsis:
Tessa Reynolds is finishing up her junior year of high school. She's just had a humiliating experience at the prom, and she's constantly struggling with her weight and her perfectionist mother.

When she sees a dodgeball zooming toward her head in gym class, she doesn't bother to duck. As she falls to the gym floor, she floats up to what seems to be heaven while examining the scene beneath her. When she arrives, she finds that heaven looks a lot like the mall, where she's spent most of her free time over the years.

After initially rebelling at having to relive what are often painful memories, she slowly begins to gain a better perspective of her life, her friends, and her family. She sees the decisions she made, and now, with hindsight, she can learn from them. She is given the choice to return to her life, and she takes it, armed with a new self-esteem and big hopes for her future. After all, high school doesn't last forever.

Third Synopsis:
With Dan McAndrews's murder finally behind her, Scarlett has high hopes for a fresh start at Wakefield Hall Collegiate, the elite English boarding school her grandmother runs. Unfortunately, those hopes are dashed when her nemesis, the infamous Plum Saybourne, is transferred to the school. Plum wastes no time turning Scarlett’s impressionable classmates against her.

Scarlett has dealt with Plum’s nasty schemes before, and she can handle her archenemy very nicely, thank you—until Plum sets her sights on Scarlett’s best friend, Taylor, and new boyfriend, Jase. Then Scarlett is more than willing to fight for what’s rightfully hers.

Things only get worse after Scarlett becomes entangled in a mysterious death on campus. Scarlett is compelled to investigate because she wants to protect someone close to her. She never imagines that she’ll uncover secrets related to her parents’ fatal accident so many years ago. . . .

So which one's would you read?

Here are the titles and authors:
1. Sucks to be Me by Kimberly Pauley
2. Heaven looks a lot like a Shopping Mall by Wendy Mass
3. Kiss in the dark by Lauren Henderson

NOTE: Tomorrow is Talli Rolands interview!!! Check it out!

48 comments:

Vicki Rocho said...

#1 definitely. 2 & 3 if I got in the right mood...I like the premise but I'm kinda fickle reader...there's no telling what will interest me at any given time.

JE said...

I would read all three...but I would start with #2. I'm a picky reader, so even though the blurps sound interesting, I may stop if I start them and don't like it.

Actually, that's not true. I would want to stop. But my OCD demands I finish something I started. It's a problem. LOL. ;-)

Christina Lee said...

Hmmm... the shopping mall one piqued my interest!

Susan Fields said...

They all sound good. I'd probably read #3, #1, and then #2 in that order. I really do like your Tuesday Twists - fun!

I'm looking forward to the interview tomorrow!

Avo said...

Hmm... Not really the kind of book I read, but I go with the third and I'd be hoping for main character to demonstrate some deep and intricate logic and wits untangling everything. For here, instead of it being a six pipe problem, it would be a... six bottle of evian problem?

Matthew MacNish said...

I would check out all three, but I would probably start with the Heaven is a Shopping Mall one too. That just struck me as funny and hopefully the book would be too.

Yay for Talli! You and she are both awesome Jen. Looking forward to the interview.

Stina said...

Definitely #1 and 3. Now I'm going to be thinking about them all day. :D

Jessica Bell said...

I'd probably read them all :) Looking forward to Talli's interview! Thanks so much for putting my contest in your side bar - that's SO helpful! :)

Don’t miss out on my contest!

Unknown said...

MissV - So far #1 rocks, it's so funny!!

Justine - Well then don't pick any up you know you won't finish! That would kill me if I felt the need to finish them all!!

Christina - Same here! I just spotted it in B&N the other day!! It looked so interesting!

Susan - Aw thanks Susan, I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Woohoo me too! The interview is going to be fun!

Alesa - They aren't for everyone, I'll try to mix it up for sure!

Matthew - They all looked pretty good, so we will see! Yup I can't wait for the interview, I'm ready!

Stina - Haha me too!! #1 I have been reading and can't get enough!

Unknown said...

Jessica - They all look fantastic!!! I'm excited for her interview as well!!! Yay!! You're welcome, people should know how cool you are!

Aubrie said...

I'd read all three, but one and two caught my attention more.

Joanne said...

I'd go with #2. The title alone drew my attention!

Alissa Grosso said...

I just read Sucks to be Me and it was great, and I am definitely interested in both Heaven Looks a Lot Like a Shopping Mall and Kiss in the Dark.

Anne Gallagher said...

I would read #2 just from the synopsis. And when I read the title, yeah, heaven would be the mall for me, considering I never go.

Crystal Cook said...

For sure #1, but I like the sound of 2 and 3 too. Fun game!

I've never even heard of these, what's wrong with me? ;)

Unknown said...

Kiss in the Dark sounds really interesting, although they all sound great!

((hugs))

Candyland said...

#2 sounds similar to mine :/
I'd read it. And maybe #3. I'm not into #1...

Jaydee Morgan said...

#1 definitely, but I'd probably give all of them a read :)

Looking forward to the interview tomorrow!

Portia said...

They all sound great! I agree, No. 1 sounds like a lot of fun, and the other two are pretty compelling.

Summer Frey said...

If I had to choose one, it would be 2. But I'd at least start all 3.

Tara said...

Hmm, oddly enough I'd go for #1. Odd because I don't typically read vampire stories. But, the synopsis is short and well written, hooks me right in.

Shannon said...

All three look good, but I'd start with 2. :)

Karen Roderick said...

I haven't read any, but 3 sounds like my thing - title is good too, K x

Talli Roland said...

I really liked the first one. It just drew me in - the writing was really snappy and pithy.

Yay for my interview! I'm excited! :)

Samantha Bennett said...

#2 intrigues me the most, and I really like premise of #1. Hmmm, I'll have to partake in a round of book buying. :)

Carolyn V. said...

I haven't read any of the three either, but I would probably pick them up. =)

Amy Jo said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't heard of any of them, but they sound interesting. I'll add them to my Goodread's "to read" list.

Laura S. said...

They all sound great, but I think #2 and #1 sound most appealing. Thanks for suggesting!

I'm looking forward to Talli's interview tomorrow!!!

Ann said...

I would read 1 & 2. Great post Jen.

Clara said...

I´m gonna be picky like an agent: Number one, just that. It seems really interesting!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of any of these.
I have nothing to do this summer, so I'll probably read them all. :)
I'm glad you like the song on my blog. :)

LOVE!

Suyinsays said...

2 and 3 sound reallllllllllllly good!
xxx

Bish Denham said...

#2 sounds like my kind of book!

Elana Johnson said...

I'd definitely read #1. But I like vampires -- a lot.

Lindsay said...

I like the sound of all three but I'd pick number 1.

Hannah said...

Probably none. The descriptions just don't grab me, not original enough.

Karen Lange said...

Think I might like to try number 3. Thanks for sharing:)

Kimberly Franklin said...

Umm... no doubt, I would read all three!! :)

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Number Three appeals most to me. I'm not a huge vampy gal, and also I've read several books lately where the MC is either dead or "almost" dead and sort of watching real life unfold around her. I like the premise but it's getting a bit tired for me at the moment.

The third book sounds good to me! I love a murder-crime-mystery-of-the-past-appears-and-need-to-be-solved type book.

T.J. Carson said...

SUCKS TO BE ME totally sounds like it would be hilarious! I want to read this soooooo freaking bad right now.!!! And really want to see that interview with Talli, so happy for her!!! Not to mention I want to hear about how she arrived where she is now.

T.J. Carson said...

I'm actually going to buy that book from amazon now, it sounds entertaining! haha.

Shelley Sly said...

All of these sound like fun books! I saw #2 in the store the other night and thought it looked interesting. Thanks for sharing!

T.J. Carson said...

Ha still can't find the right background for me. It is driving me nuts. Ha and I think you mean Candyland??? lol I think you are talking about the photo contest (just want to make sure you enter the right one ;D ). ha good luck!! She is so creative, I love that idea. AND hells yeah I'm purchasing it as we speak! :)

Unknown said...

The first one grabs my attention the most. :)

Thanks for sharing. I like hearing about new books.

Ella said...

I like them in this order, 2, 1, 3!
Fun post! Thanks for sharing, now I have some new YA to read and share with my daughter!

Ella said...

Happy you were part of the A-Z blogging challenge! It was fun; I look forward to following your blog!

Eva said...

What a fun idea, I love it :) I would have to say Book 3 sounded good at the moment.

India Drummond said...

#1 sounds fresh and fun
#2 just couldn't get into it
#3 sounds angsty, so no

I do really like the first one though, and though I don't usually read books in that age group, it sounds compelling enough that I might pick it up.