Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Adventures with Casie

NOTE: This is a story about Cassie... my name is Jen, but for today this post is not about me, it's just a fun story for a fun ARC contest :) Enjoy!

Adventure is what you make it. My bag is packed with the essentials… a toothbrush (I don’t need my dentist calling disappointed) and my notepad, I mean what else could you possibly need? I throw it on my back and run out of the door there is no time to waste, I mean the portal is only open for another 2 minutes and if I ever plan on making it to Casea then I best be on my way. Rushing out the door I leave the door unlocked, when the rents get home they can lock it, the tongue lashing for leaving the door unlocked will be the least of my worries.

Running up the hill I spot the door, a red one, shiny and inviting, waiting to transform into another world the minute I enter. Oh the possibilities. I dash across the field letting the wind hit my face with each stretch of my body to reach the doorknob before it’s too late.
Just in time, always on time, never early, never late, today it pays off as I open the door and a cloud sweeps me off my feet, faltering I land on my hind end and quickly stand to my feet to take in the beauty. The fresh scent of cut grass, lavender and the quiet sounds of children laughing, I could hardly contain my excitement.

I watched as other cloud travelers floated by in amazement, I would never be able to tell my parents, who would believe I’d ever traveled on a cloud? My whole life I told them it was possible and they always responded that it was water, nothing more. Guess next time I’ll bring a camera, could have definitely proved them wrong.

We stop on open land where I take a step onto the soft luscious grass and a sign into the beautiful city Welcome to Casea I felt more than welcomed, this place was truly magical, each building floated on a cloud, people walking and hopping from each cloud until they reached their destination, talk about new technology… I hoped this would never end.

“Casie,” someone called my name, looking around a shadowy figure appeared “Casie, honey, time to wake up,” the voice became louder and louder. “Casie.”
It was then I awoke and my mom sat on the bed next to me, checking my temperature. Maybe one day I’ll get a real adventure.

Beth Revis, a fabulous blogger and writer has her upcoming book Across the Universe for release in Spring 2011 has decided to giveaway an ARC signed copy of her debut novel. All you have to do is share a story of adventure, which is what YOU just read. Few days left to get your piece up on your blog HURRY!

43 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I love the story....and now I want to read more:)...Such a perfect post for my Tuesday morning:)
Kisses,sweetie

Ps: I am off to Beth's blog:)

Christina Lee said...

I want to travel on a cloud too! A thumbs up to your adventure story!

Candyland said...

Awesome! I'm so tired at first I was like "who's Casie and why is Jen going away with her?"

Joanna St. James said...

ha ha yeah u could have given us a heads up, I kept on thinking to my self Isn't her name Jen? she lives with her parents? and then it hit me I am rocking the duh section right now

Jessica Bell said...

STUPID me didn't read the title and I thought you were talking about yourself until I got the second last paragraph! *Jessica hits head*

Lovely writing by the way! o)

Renae said...

Great adventure story Jen! I can't wait to read Across The Universe!

Emilia Plater said...

Haha, I love it! Don't we all feel that way as kids... Sounds like an awesome contest. Definitely worth it for ATU! :)

Hannah said...

what a fun story! I loves it. If I could ride clouds maybe I wouldn't be so afraid of heights.

Meredith said...

Aw, so sad it was a dream! I love her voice :)

Bish Denham said...

Great Jen!

Creepy Query Girl said...

awesome. I always wanted a cloud land too! They look just so damn fluffy and fun. Great job and good luck with the contest!

Ragan said...

I enjoyed your post. Very entertaining. You've got a beautiful blog here and I'm a new follower.
Ragan @ Location 2571

Melissa Gill said...

Great story. I always wanted to go through a red door to something spectacular.

Amy Saia said...

This reminds me of the beautiful George MacDonald. He was always writing magical, dream-like stories such as this. Very nice!

Matthew MacNish said...

Awesome little story Jen! Beth rules and Across the Universe sounds so awesome. I read the first chapter and it is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Traveling on a cloud is every kids dream. I still have that dream as I refuse to grow up. Old is when you can no longer take care of yourself.


Stephen Tremp

Anonymous said...

Sweet, I hope she gets her real life adventure too. Thanks for the heads-up.I think my muse is returning after a glitch so I may try it. :O)

Jillian said...

I felt like I was there.... you have an amazing capability for story telling. love it!

Theresa Milstein said...

I always wanted to be able to walk on clouds too.

If I don't win this ARC, I hope you do. Spring seems so far away because we have to make it through a cold, snowy winter and this book isn't released until then!

Lindsay said...

Awesome...I want to fly on a cloud now. :)

Note to Beth: Pick Jen, pick Jen. heehee

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Too fun, Jen! I absolutely ADORE Beth Revis and her blog and her book and... :-)

Southpaw said...

Wonderful. Very playful too.

Colene Murphy said...

awesome story and great voice!
Good luck with the contest.
Even though I would totally pull a showgirls and throw you down some stairs if you won. ;) I mean...not that.

Anonymous said...

Aww. I was sorry she woke up! Great story, Jen!

Hope you win! Good luck!

Carolyn V. said...

What a great story! I hope you win the ARC!

Talli Roland said...

This is a magical story, Jen. I love adventure and good luck winning the ARC!

Hope you're having a great week so far!

Unknown said...

I've had the cloud dream before. I think it was after watching Care Bears. :)

Patti said...

Fantastic, cloud travel would be an awesome dream.

Shannon said...

I love the idea of cloud traveling. Fun idea! =)

Anonymous said...

Ha, I thought you were talking about yourself at first.
The story is great!




LOVE!

Golden Eagle said...

Cloud traveling! Excellent idea. :D I love this adventure story!

Stephanie Faris said...

Love it! I didn't realize it was going to be a dream. What fun!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love this story. So fun and sweet -- and the ending had me rooting for "Casie" to have a real adventure soon. :)

Emy Shin (my new blog)

Nicole Zoltack said...

Great story. I loved it. :)

Vicki Rocho said...

This reminds me of Cloudland by (hmmmm....I'm too lazy to go look it up. Birmingham I think). My kids used to LOVE that book.

Good job, Jen!

Elana Johnson said...

Oooh, adventurous. I hope you win!

Jemi Fraser said...

Great story Jen - good luck with the contest!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

great adventure! this is such a fun contest that Beth has going on. I'm enjoying reading everyone's stories. Yours is very unique!

Collette Osuna said...

FABULOUS story...loved it!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and for your super sweet comment:)


Statements in Fashion Blog♥

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Great story Jen!

Have a great rest of the week...

Amy Holder said...

Fabulous story - very creative! Good luck on winning the ARC!! :)

Samantha VĂ©rant said...

I want to go cloud hopping! Now. Guess I'll have to settle for a regular, old boring plane ticket.

Lisa Potts said...

I used to have cloud lounging dreams (I didn't do much but sit there the entire time). Fun story!