Friday, October 1, 2010

Location, Location, Location, Blog Fest

Serena is new to the blogging world but has a super cute and creative idea and I knew I had to join in on the fun!

She listed a few towns on her blog and of those you were to choose one and describe what you thought it looked like, you could draw, write a few sentences, or a few paragraphs.

I chose...

Woodsville.

Woodsville, a town where every morning you wake up a cool breeze greets you out the front door. Outside your window trees cover your line of view, the fresh smell of pine fills your lungs. You grab your jacket and boots, it’s always a bit cool, not to worry, you’re always prepared.

You walk down the path you made over the years of growing up in the area, the roads are built within the trees, you can’t see too far ahead so when on foot roads are avoided. You meet your friend a mile down and continue the journey into town, good company keeps you motivated for the warm cup of joe that will greet you when you get to the local coffee shop.

Arriving into town all you see are friendly faces, everyone as happy to be alive as you are. All dressed in their puffy jackets and color coated boots. You have deep red on, it’s your favorite. Walking into Betty’s CafĂ© the aroma of cinnamon fills your nostrils. She bids you good morning and leads you to your usual spot with the frosted window, the warmth from that first cup of coffee and the specially baked cinnamon rolls puts you in a coma that makes it almost impossible to walk back home. Thank goodness your friend joined you because a nice long chat is in order.

There you have it, a description and a serene story of you in such a beautiful place, perfect for the October air. If you'd like to really learn about Woodsville, NH, click here.

To check out the other entries be sure to stop by Serena's blog.

30 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Sweet! Sounds like a place I'd like to live.

Golden Eagle said...

That sounds like a really nice place. :) I want to move there now!

Renae said...

Love the description. Can I move there? I'm tired of humidity!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

sounds great! Love how you've described it.

Serena said...

Great job, ill be joining the other commenters there soon !

PK HREZO said...

Ahhh... that sounds good. I think I'd like to beam over there right about.... NOW!

Love your description!

Unknown said...

Great description with lots of detail. You made Woodsville a compelling character. Ha!

Jillian said...

O wow I am so ready to pack up and move hahaha

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Mmmm, sounds wonderful.

Hey, you revamped the look of your blog since last time I was here. I like it!!

Fun post, that rebel, Olivia

Creepy Query Girl said...

awe, that is a really cute idea! Woodsville sounds like serenity incarnate! Great job!

Stina said...

Hmmm. Wonder why I have a sudden craving for cinnamon buns. :)

Never mind revisions. I think I have to make me some. :D

Carolyn V. said...

Oh!!! That is a great description! I love Woodsville! =)

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss jen! wow you made that woodsville sound sooo neat. for sure i could want to go for a visit and walk in the woods with you. we could look at all the neat trees and birds and go at that cafe and eat off a bunch of those yummy cinnamon buns and you could have some steaming hot coffee and im gonna have a cup of hot chocolate with bunches of marshmellows. we could sit and do a lot of chatting. the best part is being with you.
...hugs from lenny

Sandy said...

This is such a great blogfest! And I love your descriptions. I feel as though I were there.

Chris Phillips said...

Road Trip to New Hampsire 2010! Great post.

Jai Joshi said...

Great description, Jen. I loved the image of everyone wearing different boots. It made me think of my childhood and yellow, red, and blue wellingtons. Charming stuff.

Jai

Theresa Milstein said...

What a fun idea. You made me want to visit!

Woodsville sounds so different than my surroundings. I often open the door to smell car exhaust. Or maybe garbage if it hasn't rained in awhile and we haven't had street sweeping in a few weeks.

Joanna St. James said...

cinnamon in my hot chocolate, i want to go to Betty's cafe

Matthew MacNish said...

CRAP! I forgot to do this. I'll have to put mine up on Monday. Love yours Jen, well done!

Today's guest blogger in Christina Lee!

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Love this post - it definitely sounds like the kind of place I'd be right at home in.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulously fun idea. Thanks for the heads-up. :O)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love your account of Woodsville. I can smell those pine trees. I'll grab my jacket and boots and join you for some coffee and cinnamon rolls, Mmmmm :O)

Hannah said...

You just made me hungry for freshly baked cinnamon rolls. Jerk. :D

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness! It sounds like the perfect fall town! I love your description--I could feel that chill in the air and smell the cinnamon!

Terry Stonecrop said...

Love your description! Sounds like a wonderful little town. Great setting for a murder mystery. Or maybe that's just me:)

Rachelle Christensen said...

That's a great writing exercise and I love how you described the town. :)

Melissa West said...

Great job! I'm visiting from madamduck's blog. Interesting to compare the two takes on Woodsville. :)

Amy Holder said...

Love it! I'd like to go to Woodsville. Fall is my favorite time of the year, and it sounds like Woodsville is the epitome of that season. Nice description!

... Paige said...

that is amazing! I live in woodville only we call it by a different name around these parts.

thanks for the warm story and the linky

Alison Pearce Stevens said...

Your description is so inviting. Mine was more of an advertisement. (But I supplemented with photos). :)