Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halo at Blue Willow

I had the best time last Monday at Blue Willow with the lovely Alexandra Adornetto!










She was heavenly! What a doll! I'm still in awe that she is 18 years old and has already written four novels!!! You heard me FOUR! I had the pleasure have reading her very first... and below I've listed the lovelies in order!!!

The Strangest Adventures (MG/YA):
Book 1 - The Shadow Thief
Book 2 - The Lampo Circus
Book 3 - VonGobstopper's Arcade

Halo Trilogy (YA):
Book 1 - Halo
Book 2 - Hades (yet to be released)
Book 3 - Heaven (yet to be released)

To check out all the details on these novels and Alexandra visit here!

She answered questions, chatted with the intimate group that made it out to see her, and was so humble at the excitement that several of us had for her accomplishments!

A few things I learned about her:

1. While writing Halo she attended a coed school and promised her mom she wouldn't write during her senior year... she lasted a week and a half.

2. She started writing at age 13.

3. When a boy she is friends with asks if they are Xavier she tells them "Yes, of course they are," (read Halo to get to know Xavier!)

She is the very first person to join the Flat Stanley project... visit here for more instructions!

23 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Wow, how impressive is SHE!!! And it's so cool you got to hang out with her!

I haven't heard of those books, but it's been kinda crazy lately and I feel like I'm terribly behind in the literary world. I'm going to check them out at my B & N.

Have a great weekend!

Joanna St. James said...

ha ha she sound like a smart cookie sure u are xavier and whatever else rocks ur boat lol

Unknown said...

What a natural! Can't wait to read her books. Thanks for turning me on to this young impressive writer!

Happy Weekend!!

Aubrie said...

Wow, it's amazing that she started so young as is so successful!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Four books by the age of eighteen? I feel so old...

Jemi Fraser said...

What an inspiring story! I'll definitely have to pick up her books for my classroom - love to support young authors!

DL Curran said...

Wow - inspiring. Good on her... I'll look forward to picking up her book.

Unknown said...

How cool to meet someone who is so young and so successful at writing already.

Kristin Rae said...

She's a doll face, for sure. Have you read Halo yet? I've read only mediocre reviews for it, so I'm interested to know what you think of it. I'm a cover slut, so I'm extremely tempted to just get it and set it out so I can look at it all day. lol.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss jen! wow how cool that you got to meet her. that picture is neat. i like that she got started out really young on writing. maybe if i keep learning how to be a more better writer by when i get at 18 i could have a neat book out there.
...hugs from lenny

Colene Murphy said...

She is adobs! And so freaking talented! (not being envious or anything...)
You are one lucky lady!

Bidisha said...

Yeah, apparently her first novel came out when she was 13. How remarkable!

I'm still waiting for my copy of Halo to arrive in my mailbox..

Jessica said...

Wow. A novel at 13!? Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Ooh sounds really intriguing. Good for her writing a novel at 13yrs old and not listening to her mother otherwise she'd've lost her momentum. :O)

Marieke said...

Love! She sounds adobs :)

Brigitte said...

wow o_o
i'm kind of speechless!

Bish Denham said...

Thyat is SO awesome. I'm properly humbled.

Vicki Rocho said...

JEALOUS! I so wanna go to Blue Willow. They've got people in there all the time!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Holy cow! 6 novels at 18!!!! That is wonderful ...WTG, Alexanadra!

Amy Saia said...

I'm totally jealous and in awe!

Jai Joshi said...

This is such an incredible successs story. What an inspiration to all!

Jai

Jillian said...

What a doll!!!

Meredith said...

Such a fun signing! She was so adorable.