Happy Monday! Hello to all the newbies and all the fun peeps that stick with me!
So the A-Z Blogging challenge is around the corner. For those of you who don't know about it click the button on the sidebar for more details. The simplified version: 26 days (excluding Sundays) - 26 letters in the alphabet - a new letter every day.
Some people have been nervous about joining in. The commitment being too much. The pressure of coming up with a topic starting with the letter X (or any others you might fear). Visiting all the blogs.
So let's discuss some tips. These will be useful for the A-Z Challenge as well as regular blogging.
1. To Blog. I set my posts up on Sundays. Think of 5, write up down, schedule them. Allows for more writing/reading/commenting time throughout the week. If this isn't for you just be sure to keep a bucket of ideas for when you run dry.
2. Creative. Leave the whining at the door, or if you choose to incorporate your bad day or troublesome mind on the blog turn it into a story or a lesson. Those who whine get less attention. Make your posts interesting and full of flare. Just like your writing, don't forget your voice.
3. Bore Me. Long posts, yawn. Fewer words, more attention. If you want people to CONTINUE to stop by keep your posts short for the most part. You can get carried away at times but keep those days to a minimum.
3. Comment. People want to know you heard them, you liked their posts. Saying 'great post' isn't going to gain you followers. The blogger needs to know you're listening, make sure your comment means something when you visit. Compliments are key.
4. Comments on YOUR blog. People need a reason to comment talking only about yourself won't get you comments. Ask a question to help get the follower involved. Give them tips, advice, whatever it is your passionate about leave it on the blog.
5. To Follow. If you are only following in hopes they'll return the favor, stop. Think about what you get out of blogging. I love the relationships, the conversation, and the freedom to write what I want and have people listen. Those who follow just in hopes to have me follow I find disrespectful. I want relationships. Know the meaning behind the follow.