Monday, November 28, 2011

YA Tournament of Heroines

The YA Tournament of Heroines hosted by the YA Sisterhood (they really rock your socks off) is about to begin! Now this is beyond awesome but there is even more exciting news:


I've been selected as the advocate for Hermione Granger!
To see a list of the other advocates and their competitors click here.

You all know I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, even more so I love Hermione as if she was my best friend. In this, I'll be asking for your assistance. As an advocate I'll be doing the during work... telling you (even though I don't need to) how awesome she is and why she deserves to win each match.

Wanna really show your support? Here are some ways:

VOTE! This is where it all counts. For each 24 hours the characters will be battling it out so watch out for Hermione and make sure you cast your vote for every match. Your votes do count!

Follow me on twitter! This will give you constant updates on where the matches are at and when our girl is up to bat!

Tweet with us using the hashtag #HEROINETOURNEY

Tell your friends! The longer the list of friends the better chance Hermione has! Don't be shy, this is our time to shine!

Post about the awesome! If you are a part of a Harry Potter fansite tell them about it! If you just have a love for Hermione, give a shout-out! Everything counts for our dear Heroine! Let us not disappoint!

Support with banners! I've made some super fun Hermione badges and banners! Grab them, utilize them! Stick them on your cats, your dogs, or just your blog... that's cool too! Just make sure they're plastered over the blog universe. We want her to shine! This is, after all, her debut! (link them back to YA Sisterhood so EVERYONE can join!)







The tournament begins December 1st, starting with two matches:

Clary vs. Kate
Juliette vs. Cammie

Don't forget to head over and vote! A new match will take place each day until the final victor is chosen. Hermione knows, statistically speaking, her odds are great.

Hermione's first match will be against Claire from the Morganville Vampire series. We're up December 5th, where we'll go head to head for 24 hours! SAVE THE DATE! Tweet it out! Tell your fan pages!

Keep your wands at the ready! The battle is about to begin and I'll want your help! Let's dominate the competition! Thank you for your future votes for the future champion, Hermione Granger!

32 comments:

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Oooh, love the banners!!! I especially love #2 - it's so dark and gritty - perfect for a heroine! I'll definitely help you my dear:)

Vicki Rocho said...

Interesting idea...but how hard to pick a favorite heroine! There are so many good ones out there.

Talli Roland said...

Look at you and your fun banners! Go Hermione, go.

Hope you had a great weekend, Jen!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

This is way too cool! I wish I'd have known. I would have loved to compete!! Good luck to you and I'll be voting!! (Already a Twitter groupie of yours. lol)

Unknown said...

Lindsay - I loved making the banners!!

Vicki - There are a ton of brilliant Heroines! I'm happy enough to snag one I adore!

Talli - The weekend was fabulous, hope yours was too! Thanks for the well wishes!

Sheri - YAY! Team Hermione all the way!!

LynnRush said...

SWEET! Sounds super fun!!!!!!!!

Pat Hatt said...

Wow great banners indeed and always liked Hermione so will vote. Especially since it's against a vampire, they deserve to lose just because, too many of those fangy things about..haha

Christina Lee said...

Love that first banner (I already have #2 as my computer wallpaper)!

Becky Mahoney said...

YES! Go Hermione!

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome. Totally going to vote for Hermione.

LTM said...

What a lot of fun! Geaux Hermione! Great choice, Jen~ :o) <3

Meredith said...

What an awesome idea! And Hermione is the best, clearly. :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hmmm . . . what an interesting and creative idea. :-)

AmyG@YA-Sisterhood said...

Great post Jen! Just wanted to stop by and say hi! If you need anything or have any questions let us know!!! Love Love Love Hermione! She really is the brightest witch of her age!!!

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Go Hermione! What fun! Will have to check this out!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'll do a shout-out for you on December 5!

Johanna Garth said...

Love it! I think you should adopt my favorite roller derby name...Hermione Danger!!

Jessie Humphries said...

This is so fun! I will be back to root Hermoine on.

Morgan said...

Hahahaha!!!! This seriously rocks. How fun! Gooooo Hermione! :D

erica and christy said...

LOVE this! Go Hermione! The first two banners are gorgeous! christy

Jennie Bennett said...

It's so easy to love Hermione, she'll win for sure!

Jennifer Hillier said...

Go Hermione! Love the banners. Great job, Jen. I'll be cheering!

Emily R. King said...

I'm off to vote. Great pics! Hermione is the best.

Emily R. King said...

I guess I have to wait till the fifth? I hope you post a reminder. I saw the other entries, and I want Hermione to win!

i'm erin. said...

This is so much fun! Go Hermoine!

Stephsco said...

I'll check it out & prob vote for Hermoine :)

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Hermoine ALWAYS gets my vote.

Not sure if you do these or not, but I wanted to let people know all about your site. So I am sharing this award with you.

Come by my blog for the image and read what I said about your blog.

Thanks,
Tim

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Ok. I have seen the whole list now.

Hermione all the way!

Marianne said...

Jen, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment. I will vote for Hermoine. She was always my favorite.

Unknown said...

Fun! I'll definitely vote for Hermoine, 'cause she's badass and because my daughter (an ULTIMATE fan) would kill me if I dared not to. Ever. lol. BTW, she has posters of every one of the pics from your banners on her bedroom wall!

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool idea. Hermione must win!

primrose said...

I have always love witches so Team Hermione all the way! Maybe we could do confundus charm or something on the other heroines. LOL.