Friday, February 19, 2010

Blue Willow Heist


Ally Carter author of the Heist Society stopped by Blue Willow Bookshop this evening. She was truly amazing! She was sweet enough to answer as many questions as she possibly could for all those eager teenagers! It was refreshing to see all of them glued to her every word. How each work inspired them, kept them wanting more. They asked excellent questions, many pertaining to what she was working on next, who her favorite characters were, and what made her write in the first place!!

The bookshop was adorable! I am a sucker for a good bookstore (as most of you are) and I must say this beats any Barnes & Noble out there, you cannot get the love for books like you can at a small locally owned bookstore. Valerie Koehler is the owner of the store, and as she stood up in front of all of us eager readers you could sense her love for books, she was so sweet to everyone along with the rest of her fantastic staff! The hundreds of books that graced the walls of the bookshop looked so enticing, I'll have to go back for more! I love the look of a brand new book, no creases, freshly bound pages just waiting to be opened. It is my favorite part about buying a new book!!! So if you live in the Houston area please check this little bookstore out, Blue Willow Bookshop They also happen to have a cute little picture of their front entrance, it's like your walking into a fairytale!


I was #9 for the signing line, and she took time to speak to each and every one of us, learn a little bit about us and sign away! She talked about how wonderful it was to tell lies and wear pajamas for a living, but at times how it could often be portrayed as a bit nutty! Her energetic and carefee attitude made you want to stay forever and listen to more about her experiences and how she came up with all the ideas. It's always amazing to see how a fellow writer came about a brilliant idea!!

As you can see I added a few pictures to the mix of the experience, my wonderful sister Kim over at Under the Umbrella shared the experience and was behind the camera! I hope you enjoyed the journey with me, and I look forward to many more trips to the local bookshop for more amazing authors!!! A big thanks to Kristin for posting about Ally Carter being in town, if it not for me reading her blog I would have never known!!!

13 comments:

Anissa said...

Sounds awesome! I need to pick up that book.

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting me... it was an experience i was willing to go through and will definitely be bringing my nikon the next time we venture out into a local bookstore!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

How exciting!!!! Don't you love meeting authors?

Kimberly Franklin said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy you had fun. She sounds like a super lady!

Carolyn V. said...

Sounds great! I love going to book signings and meeting authors. =)

Robby said...

:]

Suzette Saxton said...

What an experience! I'm so glad you got to do that.

Alissa Grosso said...

Looks like a great book, and a fun time!

Sharon McPherson said...

Woo! Ally Carter sounds like an author you would want to be like ... and you met her.

Does it make you want to be an author all the more? :)

Unknown said...

I would love to be like Ally Carter, she is super sweet, nice and really related with all the young girls, she made them feel special and that was sweet!!!

It does give me more energy and inspiration to be an author, seeing her passion was really nice because I have the same passion!

Kristin Rae said...

So glad you got to meet her!! Love the pics!

Julie said...

I love Ally Carter! Need to read the latest book!

Kristin said...

ah, jen! Such a great picture! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet her.