Sunday, February 14, 2010

happy valentines day


I know a lot of you do not celebrate Valentines Day... I don't do anything special on valentines day, but I do enjoy the day off with my husband so it's a win for me!!! I am going to have coffee with my friend and then the rest of the day will be spent with my hubby!!!

Last night I made monkey bread and chili, I have never had monkey bread with chili until I met Trevor and his family, they love it, and after I had it once I loved it... this was my first time making monkey bread so I have of course added pictures to show you!!!

This picture is of all the buttermilk biscuits being cut in fourths for some cinnamon sugar goodness to be covered all over them!



Here I have completed the coating process, have them all neatly placed in the bunt pan!!!



Monkey bread is finished!!!! We waited 10 minutes for it to cool down so we could turn the bunt pan upside down!



The completed project, I must say it doesn't look nearly as appetizing in the picture, but the gooeyness look so yummy and the smell is fantastic.



So there you have it... I successfully made monkey bread! Go Me!!! I'm sure you've noticed the past two days I haven't had much to write about... hoping I get some excitement in my life or some inspiration here in the next few days!

Any plans for Valentines Day? Any new leads on your writing? Happy Sunday Blogging!!!

16 comments:

Lisa Miles said...

Looks delicious! We're going furniture shopping today for our new house. I'm sure our four year old will be thrilled:)
Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Holy mackerel, I think monkey bread looks TOO good....thanks for visiting my blog, and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I'm going to a fancy brunch with a girlfriend, and then on to see the new movie named after this day. I understand it isn't all that good, but it should be fun.
Best, Jody (www.advicecolumnforwriters.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day! We've been snowed in this week and now that we're free to move about the country we don't feel like it. :) Hubby and I celebrate First Date Day (our first date was Feb 11), although those plans got snowed out. Today we gave our girls some little presents and are just snuggling and playing. We all have off tomorrow too so we are in no rush. Yay!

Your monkey bread looks yummy. We spent one of our snowy days making fudge. Mmm! I just cut buttermilk buscuits in fourths like that last night for pigs in blankets. :)

Arlee Bird said...

I love chili and, though I've never had it, I know I'd love monkey bread. The combination sounds interesting. Happy Valentine's Day.
Lee

sarah darlington said...

That's just how my mom makes Monkey Bread. Yummy.

Aubrie said...

I've never heard of monkey bread! I'll have to look it up, it looks yummy. Happy Valentine's Day!

Summer Frey said...

I love monkey bread! My grandmother makes it really well. I've seen monkey bread for sale in the freezer section at the grocery store now--weird, huh?

My cinnamon rolls were amazing! But we watched our last episode of Supernatural, so I don't know what to do! Probably go to see The Wolfman. Have a great day!

Shelley Sly said...

Thanks for introducing me to monkey bread. I had never heard of it. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

Rosaria Williams said...

"Nothing says loving like something from the oven..."

You are celebrating, only a day earlier!

And who said advertisers are not poets?

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I've never heard of Monkey Bread before. But it looks fantastic! Happy Valentine's Day.

Crystal said...

Mmm, now I want some Monkey Bread. Happy Valentine's Day!!

kah said...

Oh my gosh, I had never heard of monkey bread but...YUMMY. I am def gonna have to try my hand at it.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

oh my drool. care to post the recipe?

Unknown said...

I LOVE monkey bread as well soi i am SUPER jealous!!!

Mishel said...

Happy Valentine's Day Jen! I hope it was wonderful. I haven't ever had monkey bread. I'll definitely have to try it out =)

Carolyn V. said...

We are just spending the day relaxing. My favorite thing to do. Happy Valentine's Day!