Monday, February 1, 2010

mondays writing on the wall


Two ideas I am working on...

One Story:
A collector he was, the paintings on the trees cared for with pride. The images burned into her mind. Closing her eyes made her relive it over and over. Nathan stood at the foot of the bed concerned as he faced her. She'd met him shortly after her kidnapping and together they've tried to piece the story together. It had been three months and they were no closer to finding him. Her description had been detailed, the places she visited were real, but no trace of Casey and the collector.

Two Story:
Natalie stared at the front door. The Parkers all piled in, Their life hadn't changed, their cares remained the same, excpet now Natalie had been invited in. She knew they were kind, well she at least felt that way, the thought though of possibly altering their lives did upset her. Right now she had nowhere to go and at this point no idea who she was. She inched closer to the door, once she would cross the barrier it would be real, was she ready for that?

Just a few ideas I have been working on!!

13 comments:

Alissa Grosso said...

They're both great ideas. I'm definitely intrigued by The Collector.

Ann Elle Altman said...

Great ideas, hope you have success with creating them, bringing them to life!

ann

Aubrie said...

I like both those ideas. There is a lot of conflict in both of them which makes for great story telling!

Stephanie Fey said...

I'm more intrigued by the second story. Which way does it go? There's a possibility of it becoming sinister or is it more of a domestic drama where an outsider disrupts the balance?

Or maybe it could be both? Maybe the reader thinks that it's the family that's sinister, but it actually turns out to be the outsider? Might be a nice twist!

Steph x

Bookish in a Box said...

Wow, those are amazing. You did a great job infusing those paragraphs with description and intrigue. Skillfully done!

Alice in Wonderland said...

I loved both of these little "tasters"!
The second one had a bit of a supernatural feel about it. Which way is it going to go?
They both have me very intrigued!
More PLEASE!!!!

Carolyn V. said...

I love to hear your ideas! Which one will you work on first?

Unknown said...

I love the feedback! Thank you so much! I am really excited to start working on these projects!!!

Carolyn V. That is the question I am currently asking myself, both of them are brilliant but I do need to focus on one!!! I am going to start really creating the characters and seeing which one ends up being in the lead!

Kimberly Franklin said...

Great ideas and i love, love, love the wall writing idea!!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Those are interesting ideas. I'd love to hear which genres they're in and where they're going to go.

Kelly Polark said...

Thanks for the peek into your works in progress! Which one will you work on next?

Christina said...

Very Cool - great ideas!

I left something for you on my latest post. Just a little thank you!

Unknown said...

I definitely preferred the second idea but oth are great & kept my attention!