Sunday, February 14, 2010

per request - monkey bread recipe

It never accured to me that I hadn't posted the recipe for the monkey bread, so for those of you who have never had it, the recipe is super simple! Trevor's mom made it simple, and super yummy!!! Enjoy!!!

MONKEY BREAD

Ingredients:
3 cans of buttermilk biscuits
white sugar
ground cinnamon
brown sugar
1 stick butter

Recipe:

Oven Temp - 350 degrees
Time - 35 minutes

1. 3 cans of buttermilk biscuits cut into fourths, combine 1 cup white sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a ziploc bag. Roll each fourth in this mix.
2. Place each covered fourth into greased bunt pan.
3. Melt 1 stick of butter, add 1 cup of brown sugar. Boil this for 1 minute (smells delicious!!!)
4. Once boiled pour all this yummy goodness (aka brown sugar mixture) over the fourths in the bunt pan...

Then bake!!!! Allow 10 minutes for cool down time (thats the hardest part!) After 10 minute cool down flip over on round pizza pan, or whatever dish you prefer!!!

Let me know if you make it and love it!!!! There you have it, the yummiest monkey bread!

13 comments:

JudyH329 said...

This sounds delicious and easy enough for me to make. I'm always on the lookout for easy recipes to fix for my Sunday morning to take snacks. This looks like something to take!

Artemis Grey said...

Oh my gravy! I LOVE monkey bread! My sister and I grew up eating the dough, which my grandmother made from scratch. I know, we're strange. But to this day I can make two batches, one to eat the dough and one to cook!

Aubrie said...

Thanks for the recipe!

Carolyn V. said...

Oh Yum!!! There goes my diet! Thanks for the awesome recipe. =)

Kimberly Franklin said...

That sounds yummy!

Stephanie McGee said...

Oh yum. Sounds fabulous. *drool*

Christopher said...

There is no monkey in it? Color me disappointed.

AVY said...

I wish I could bake...

Kimberly Job said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for posting.

Amy Holder said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

Ashley Stone said...

mmm I used to love that stuff! Haven't had it in forever.

Christine Danek said...

UMMM! I love monkey bread :)

Alissa Grosso said...

This sounds delicious. I've heard of monkey break, but never actually eaten it before.

I've got an award for you today, over at my blog.