Saturday, February 27, 2010

the happy rule

It's the freakin' weekend baby, I'm about to have me some fun!!

I figured it's Saturday, there isn't any reason to have a serious post... a writing post... real hard questions. Well that and I really don't have much to say on the subject. I've writing 15,000 words for Finding Me and still going strong, I have a lot to write down before I hit the wall of "can't look at it anymore even if I tried" my husband read it for the first time last night, just to see how it was. He admitted after that he was really nervous, unsure of what he would get but that he loved it! He is impartial yes, but it was still a huge confidence booster and I couldn't have thanked him enough. Though there were many choppy parts he said he would have continued reading it. Luckily I hadn't written anymore or my nerves would have been shot! My goal is to have 20,000 words by the end of the week!

Tonight is movie night with the girls. It's part of my friends 30 things to do before she is 30. She is currently blogging about it over at Thirty on the Horizon. We are going to be watching 16 Candles and Breakfast at Tiffany's. She hasn't seen them and since they are must-sees we thought it was time! I haven't seen Breakfast at Tiffany's so it should be fun!

The Happy Rule - To be happy all weekend, no matter what it takes. Don't waste precious days off over things that are minuscule.

So Happy Saturday!!! What will you be doing to put a smile on your face?

Oh just a note, I'll be unplugged for the rest of the day and tomorrow so have a great weekend!

25 comments:

Guinevere said...

MJ and I are visiting at least one of the Smithsonians today, then going out to dinner. I have to fly Sunday for business, so we have to squeeze our fun in first!

Enjoy your weekend! :)

DL Hammons said...

Hey...if you can't get over the significant other hurdle, then you know you're in trouble. They can be biased in some area's, but they can also give you some of your most telling advice!!

I LOVE your rule. :)

Windy said...

We've been doing some work on the house, and taking a break today to take the kidlets to the aquarium. There's nothing like watching the way kids' eyes light up at the wonders of nature!

Have a great weekend! Enjoy the movies.

Artemis Grey said...

You set the theme for my weekend! Enjoy yours! :D

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I have an award for you at my blog today! :-)

Bish Denham said...

I plan on doing as little as possible...Although I did write a story this morning....

Diandra said...

Things to keep me happy this weekend - cook and eat good food, read a little, write a little, find this stupid office stuff I am looking for... (^v^)

Unknown said...

Nothing like a positive test-reader to amp your confidence! I'm always walking on clouds after a review like that, esp. if the book is still rough. Sounds like you've got a winner!

Kimberly Franklin said...

YAY! Happy Saturday to you too! I don't know what I'll be doing but as long as I am not at work it will definitely be happy!!! : )

Ashley Stone said...

love the happy rule!

Madeleine said...

I gave your blog an award @ http://madeleinerex.com/2010/02/27/honest-scrap-award/! Happy weekend!

Kristin Rae said...

Sounds like a fun girl's night! My hubs hasn't read anything I've written... the last thing he truly read was The Hatchet in 5th grade. :(

dan Andrea said...

Good for you!! I hope you achieve your goal & have a lot of fun with the girls :) I'll be stuck at home writing up papers for my psychology class & studying. All work and no play, I guess it's ok. Trying to reach goals myself. Have Fun & enjoy your weekend.

Summer Frey said...

Yay Jen! Sounds like a great weekend! My hubby and I purged a huge load of stuff and took it to the Goodwill. We're rocketing forward on packing--can't wait to move! Also watching the rest of Supernatural season 2. :-)

I haven't seen Breakfast at Tiffany's or 16 Candles either.

Christopher said...

Congrats on getting to 20,000. That's awesome.

JennyMac said...

Hope you had a very happy weekend. And I love both of those movies! Audrey is just a perfect classic icon.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I agree with you that you need to stop sometimes and just enjoy life. The Novel becomes a drag when it's all-consuming. It sounds like you are off to a great start, though! I am at the beginning, too.

This weekend has been a busy one for us but my husband's play ended last night (he Tech Directs the plays at the high school where he teaches) so we will finally see him again (lol) and today is my daughter's Syllabus Test for her dance classes. I know she'll do great!

We're going to celebrate both with Chinese food tonight!

ps - I have never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's either!

Lindsey :)

Tess said...

what a fun weekend you have planned! wa-hoo!

Moll said...

I love finding other folks who are in the writing trenches with me!

I had a whole lot of happy yesterday - to the point that I am still recovering. Hope your girls night was fun.

Susan Fields said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I just love new blogging buddies! This weekend was spent doing a whole lot of Destination Imagination with my two daughters. Not really a fun way to spend the weekend, but the tournament's next weekend so it couldn't be helped. I hope your weekend was happy!

Samantha Bennett said...

Love your rule and your blog! Can't beat a girls night with Molly and Audrey--two oh-so-classy broads. ;)

Berlin said...

Greetings =D
Thank you for the follow, I will follow you too. And your words meant a lot to me =) I will do my best to keep you and the others entertained. Have a nice day.


Sincerely,
Berlin

Berlin said...

Have a new post =D

mpartyka said...

The happy Rule = create positive energy... this is my motto so I love happy weekends.

You inspire me!

Daisy Whitney said...

Happiness is a darn good thing!