Friday, February 19, 2010

fantastic freakin' friday


Hello my fellow early morning bloggers!!! (and afternoon for those who read at that time!) I am super excited for this weekend, or the fun that begins at 5pm (central time) this afternoon!!

I am going to see Ally Carter at a local bookstore!!! She is promoting Heist Society, and I am uber excited to meet her! It will be my very first time meeting an author and I am super excited!!! I am dragging my sister along for the ride... I get terrible nerves, and firsts must be done with a friend or family member!!

I also am pre-ordering Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins and Before I fall by Lauren Oliver this morning! I am so excited, I've waiting to purchase them, and now the wait is officially over!!!

Saturday I get to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity which I am also elated about! I've wanted to do it for years and never took the plunge, well this week my hubby and some friends of ours are going too!!!

If you could choose who would you like to see come into town for a book tour? Anyone else have anything exciting going on this weekend?

16 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Just hanging with the family. Woo hoo! Best weekend activity ever.

Jen said...

Hi Jen! I wanted to say thanks for following :) I love your background; it's beautiful!

Enjoy your weekend. That sounds exciting. Neil Gaiman came to Atlanta a few weeks ago but I wasn't able to go (he came during work hours on a Tuesday)...sadness.

Have a marvelous Friday!
Jen C.

Southpaw said...

How fun. I hope you have a great time. This weekend, hopefully, just writing. We shall see.

Anna M. said...

Ok! I need to order this! Our kids LOVE Ally Carter! :)

Suzette Saxton said...

I'm really excited for Before I Fall. We will have to compare notes after reading it.

I would choose Carrie Ryan. That woman can WRITE!

Unknown said...

I love learning about new authors... well new to me anyway! Carrie Ryan sounds amazing (just googled her, lol) thanks for the choice!!!

Susan R. Mills said...

Have a great time. I'm jealous.

Ashley Stone said...

because I'm one of thooosseee people...I'd love to meet Stephanie Meyer...author of Twilight.. haha. The book you highlighted looks good, I'll have to look into it!

Anonymous said...

So glad you stopped by my blog! Love meeting new people! And have fun meeting Ally Carter. I can't wait to read Heist Society. I read on her agent's blog that movie rights were sold, so can't wait for that too!

P.S.: Love that Carrie Bradshaw inspires you to write :)

Swimmer said...

I have never ever been more jeolus since well.. now would be a first. I have already bought Heist Society but I need Before I fall and i want Hex Hall so bad!! Have fun becaus I am soooo jelous!

Unknown said...

Thanks for following Keliah!!! Yay for movie rights! I can't wait to read it! Carrie Bradshaw rocks!!

Swimmer I'm sorry you can't come too!! I just pre-ordered Before I fall and Hex Hall from B&N and can't wait to get them in my mail box!!!

Bish Denham said...

I would love to meet Kate DiCamillo.

missivysparkle said...

I'm ganna check those books out!! I'm always looking for a new good read :) Have fun!!!

Stephanie McGee said...

I would love to meet Jasper Fforde again. But he never comes through my area and luck was really on my side to be where he was when I met him before. Hope you had fun at the signing!

Kimberly Franklin said...

How exciting! I would love to meet any author, really. I love them all.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

How fun!!! We are really lucky around here because a lot of big authors come to the Princeton Barnes & Noble. Bish - we just got notice that Kate DiCamillo is coming! :D We also get to meet at least one author each year when they do school visits. I would love to meet Margaret Atwood (not that she would visit a school, lol... or that she probably even travels anymore. Just a fan.)