So I'm not to the point yet where I am sending out query letters, waiting for agents and publishers to let me know what they're thinking. However when I get there I would love someone to share some ways to cope!!!!
Ways to cope with waiting:
1. Watch Sex and the City - Now I know Kimberly Franklin and I are in agreement that this is one of the best shows eva!!! If you haven't watched the seasons or the movie it's about time you start, and with all this free time on your hands you'd be silly not to!
2. Go on a road trip to visit all the ice cream shops around town. If you are super hungry go for all the pizza joints or burger joints. Be sure to invite a friend, this journey should not be taken on alone, you will need back up!
3. Turn on a song like “Baby’s got back” by SirMixAlot at full volume and start singing along, you should dance as well... dancing makes for excellent inspiration
4. Write your husband/wife/significant other/neighbor/boss (hey…you never know) a “I think you’re hot” note. See where the conversation goes. It counts as mental stimulation.
5. Write funny one liners (found on google) on a bunch of post its. Put in random places around your office. Next time you are looking for tape, you might just be surprised with a morsel of funny…If you’re really into being a prankster, put them on OTHER people’s desks….
6. Try to not think about penguins. This is especially hard, because by trying too much, you remember what you were trying to avoid thinking of. If you try too little, you end up thinking about penguins anyway.
7. Use your secret mind power. Pick a passing by and try to use your mind power to command them do something, like drop their bag or knock into someone. The law of averages dictates that sooner or later one of your mind commands will come true, so you can convince yourself that you really have super human powers and waste even more time trying them out.
8. Pretend you're a robot. Walk down the street with mechanical movements, adding 'zzzzzt' sounds with each motion. Pretending to have a motor broken in, say, your left hand can add at least 30 seconds more entertainment.
I hope this helps pass the time, and for the rest of you who just want to waste time in general I think these are great alternatives and tips!
What are your ways of coping? How do you pass the time?
BTW: I know this will be hard but you cannot say blogging, facebooking, or twittering! Use your imagination! :)
P.S. Time seems to have gotten the best of me again and I was unable to reach all of your blogs yesterday! Just remember you are not forgotten and I will eventually make my rounds :)