Last day that I get to spend with my awesome lady friends... but I had a blast and this has been one wild adventure.
He would not exist if the Wizarding World had never been created. Which is why I'm going to share with you... today... some of the best reasons to live in the Wizarding World.
Note: I'm very upset that JK Rowling is holding out on the real Hogwarts, Hogmeades anything else magical she's hiding from us. I mean, I know I'm a muggle, but isn't there an app for that?
- First stop on the Harry Potter train. Enter by brick, flu network, or apparting, this is a one stop shop for all the necessities.
- Owls, wands, potions, dress robes, this magical land leaves you with an empty pocket book but a handful of goodies for the next fall at Hogwarts.
- Is an explanation really needed? (yes, yes, I'll still give you one, just a minute).
- First... you get to live with your best friends (seriously, that's on a scale of coolness times a gazillion), you get to eat amazing foods and no one passes judgement (hello, Dumbledore's obsession with candy - totally passed down to the students... no calorie counting here)
- Floating Candles, Thunder storms, snow, pumpkins, everything right in your view with no hassle of spilled wax or soaked clothing. What's not to love.
- Ghosts, here you actually learn that ghosts can be friendly... and those that aren't, did it to themselves.
- This is so a place. Totally where the magic happens (get your head out of the gutter). Teamwork happens here, everyone bans together.
- Flying on brooms (hello, that alone should entice you)
- No matter who you wanna be (seeker, beater, etc) you're hot sauce, and those sitting on the sidelines want your number. (who needs sexy singles.com?)
- You can drink. Seriously... don't worry, no legal age limit here (butterbeer anyone).
- Gossip, only the best in town, just make sure you snag the invisibility cloak for maximum information.
- Cookies, candies and more, the trips to Fred & George's place will rock your socks off... never in a million years would you imagine this much candy under one roof... not to mention love spells, and the perfect potion to get out of class.
There you have it... I've given you 5 EPIC days of Harry Potter love... Now, by this time I will have already watched the midnight showing... but I do not divulge or enable my friends... no, no, you'll have to watch for yourself... we'll catch up later. You know where to find me. (Okay, but seriously, after you watch it, totally email me... I'm dying to talk Potter.)
OH yeah, baby! Hope you enjoyed it!
Ah! I am dying here! We go tonight, I'll let you know what I think tomorrow! Fabulous post by the way!
JK's magic rocks!
The train is one of my favorite parts!! Enjoy yourself! This has been a great series.
I can only imagine what you will dream about when you eventually sleep. I can feel your excitememnt leaping off the screen.
Did I tell you I experimented with a few different recipes and came up with a delish butterbeer? It's not really what I imagined, and it's not really beer, but it *is* alcoholic and sweet and soooo good. :)
Glad you enjoyed! I think we're going to see it tomorrow.
I can't wait to see this one, but I have to watch 4-6 first. I love that they are older and the fun and games are over. It's been neat watching these actors "grow up".
We're going in just a bit after we drop our daughter off at school! I plant to email you guys when I get back!! So excited!
I can't wait to see the movie. I'm guessing it will be packed through the weekend. Surprisingly neither of my children want to see it. while they enjoyed the eariler ones, they didn't care for the darker ones of late. Wow. Maybe my husband and I will actually have a date night!!
It's awesome that you got to go to the midnight showing. :D
I hope that you enjoyed the movie . . .
THANK GOD you didn't spoil anything. I had to leave a few other blogs early for that. You rule for being so kind to us.
And yes, you're right, the Wizarding World would be SO COOL! I don't wish about living anywhere harder than I do there.
Thanks Jen, have a great weekend!
Someday my kids are gonna be old enough for HP. We're gonna read every book and then watch the movie. And when we've finished the series, a weeks vacation at disney where we can go inside the replica. Love of HP is going right up there with christmas and thanksgiving traditions. Great post!
Thanks for being a spoiler-free zone, Jen! I'm not going till Saturday morning, but with free childcare from the grandparents, I can't really complain.
Loved the Harry Potter mania!
Yay! I hope you enjoyed it! And there should totally be an app to transport us to HP world :)
Sigh, love the train :)
SO glad you enjoyed it...but really who hasn't or wouldn't! We can't see it till later next week after some more of this stupid testing. ICK! But at least I get to and everyone has been so good on spoilers that I have zero!
Glad you had such a great week with the mania that is Potter m'dear. Have a super weekend!!!
Woo hoo! I can't wait to see it!
I get to see it tomorrow with my girls- I can't wait we are going to the afternoon showing though.
It's a Harry Potter-palooza around the blogosphere. I'm lovin it. And, I loved all of those places. Seeing the movie next week.
The best thing about the wizarding world is that you get to eat whatever you want whenever you want, you just conjure it up with your wand. I wish I could do that. Hoping to see the movie this weekend so I'm sure I'll be back to chat! :-)
Can't wait to see it!
I am sad. I so wanted to see it last night but I didn't feel good. I decided that sinus misery and crowded theatre didn't go well together.
Glad you had a good HP week! :) Have a great weekend, Jen!
Augh, I want to see the movie so much, but I have to wait until after work. Boo!
I totally want to go to Hogwarts, ESPECIALLY for the food. ;)
Awe I loved this week! So sad it's over! Thanks so much for making it awesome Jen!
Great posts this week. Hope you had a great Harry Potter week and that you enjoyed the movie.
Ooh, I want to see it! Maybe next week on Thanksgiving break. Can't wait!
I agree with everything you said!
But I'm not sure if I want to see the movie. I don't like the movies. The books are way better and it's hard for me to find anything good about the movies...
But as always: I'll watch it one day. I feel like I have to ;)
Hope you had a great time at the midnight showing. I'm looking forward to the movie (but I need my beauty sleep)
Jen, seriously. I just LOVE your posts! "I know I'm a muggle, but isn't there an app for that?" Haha! Classic! :) Thanks for the great Harry Potter love. What a fun week! Haven't seen the movie yet, but I'll e-mail you thoughts when I do....
I've enjoyed these posts. Maybe I'll come up with something fun for the 2nd (and last - sniff) Book 7 movie.
Waiting on line so long last night? That's a fan!
I liked the version of Butter Beer I had at my bookstore's cafe when book 7 came out. But, unfortunately, no alcohol.
I've really enjoyed reading your HP posts, even if I couldn't comment on all of them. You've totally made me excited for HP. :)
Oh man, I've dreamed since I was a little kid about going to Ollivander's. :)
Thanks so much for doing these HP-themed posts. HP deserves love. LOVE.
Also, the movie was totally awesome. My favorite by far. (Although a collective "URGH!" and "NO!" went up when it ended.)
Less than a year for part II, though!
Great posts all week! Harry Potter is the best.
Btw, I love your quote: " I know I'm a muggle, but isn't there an app for that?"
There definitely should be an app for it :)
I heard it was the best installment of any of the movies. We're going to see it next week!
At least they have the Wizarding World at Universal Studios now, so we can visit some of these places (even if we are only pretending). Oh, and there are real Quidditch pitches! College kids are now competing in real Quidditch games, so we could totally go see a match.
Excellent reasons Jen. You are going to love the wizarding world of HP when you go. I promise!!!
Post a Comment