Who lies on truth thursdays?
This is the day to be true to thy self and not be responsible for the information shared. We are in the trust/safety circle.
1. I ate pizza every day last week. (Don't judge, cooking has never been my speciality and pizza is cheap).
2. I'm a lush addict. A new development. It's a store that sells bath bombs (who wouldn't want to shop there). Seriously. Visit a store nearest you, they will rock your bath time.
3. I love glassware. I'm weird (what's new). Small, medium, large, champage flutes, wine glasses, coffee cups. You name it, I own it. If I had more room I'd own more.
4. When I'm sad I love to watch The Princess Diaries. There is just something about watching Anne Hathway playing an 'ugly' girl getting the gift of a lifetime. I suppose I hope that on my bad days I'll become a princess (fat chance).
5. I love belini's (peach, to be exact). Thanks to blogger buddy Meredith I found a new favorite at Veneto Italian Grill in town.
Truth Thursdays is like my own form of crack. It allows me to vent my frustrations, share my truths, and be free of judgement. Now it's your turn to share the ugly. Go in... it feels good.
Truth Thursday: What a great idea!
1. When I am really stressed I want to eat orange Circus Peanut candy or pink wintergreen mints.
2. I love to wake up before dawn and find it has snowed and take my camera outside and take pictures that are really not that great because...it is still dark outside!
3. I wish I cared more about getting manicures and pedicures. I feel like this lack of caring is a flaw.
4. When I listen to classical music, I see colors. When I listen to swing music, I envision people dancing. If I had another life, I'd like to be a composer. Some music makes me want to clean my house. (rare, but it happens)
5. I'm a bit of a germaphobe. I went through a period when I would only read new books, not library books, because I did not like to hold something strangers had held and read in their beds. (This period has passed.) This issue was likely brought on by my allergy to most antibiotics and my son having MRSA, so I was super aware of germs.
Janice Phelps Williams
Isnt Lush the best? Whenever I need a bit of "pick me up" I get one of their bath-balls and enjoy a long bath...You want to know something? I have a Lush shop two floors under me...hahah...Its in my building and it smells amazing!
I have a thing about people playing with their belly-buttons. I get the willies just typing that!!!! :)
Just read your announcement below. Congrats Jen! Best, best, best wishes for you!
Ok. Here goes:
1) I'm on a protein bar kick. In fact, I probably should be a connoisseur by the end of the week at the rate I'm going.
2) I love pineapple juice and flavored things but I'm not a real pineapple fan.
3) I'm losing my eyebrows. Slowly but surely. It's weirding me out.
Truths? Ow...Okay here goes.
1)I've been playing the procrastinator game with my writing for way too long.
2)I always think the worse whenever I'm in a doctors office, doesn't matter if it's just a check-up and I'm healthy as can be.
3)I fall off the confidence bandwagon more times than I can count.
4)I don't think men should wear wicked tight jeans. It looks painful.
*shudder* and that's it for now. (Hugs)Indigo
The Princess Diaries is like therapy. For me, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants works equally well.
Thanks for sharing!
still haven't shaved my legs, and my hair looks like Anne Hathaway's at the *beginning* of PDs... :D <3
Oh man, I love Princess Diaries! And I won't judge the pizza thing. You know what I bought my family for dinner tuesday night! One other thing, I can't stand to touch glassware with dry hands. It's like running my fingernails down a chalkboard. Super chills!
Ah glassware. I've always wanted a hand blown sink. Have you ever heard of Dale Chihuly?
OMG I LOOOOOVVVEEE LUSH!!!!! I go every time we go to Chicago. They rock.
princess dairies- huh, I could see that as a cheering up movie, mine would be "A Knights Tale"
Have a great day!
I could eat pizza every day!
I love pizza! I could eat it for every meal. But my waist would hate me for it. =)
Um, I watched watched the end of Princess Diaries last night. Shhh..
There is no shortage of interesting information about you! I love belini's too btw.
Happy 1 year Jen!
When I'm really really bored, I give myself an enema, even if I don't need one.
I've been sick for over a week, but still have to go in to work...so I haven't been working for the past two days. I'd rather be writing & reading blogs.
I'm a plate girl. Lots of plates in my cupboards...red, green, blue, white with silver trim. I have two full sets of china and oodles of stoneware.
not a huge confession, but still.
You know, I'm actually a pretty decent cook - but I still do WAY too much takeout/fast food. In my case, it's just a bad case of the lazy-a's.
I've never heard of Lush...? Of course, I don't do baths. Maybe if I had a gigantic whirlpool tub, that would change, but I'm stuck with the lame "regular" sized ones...
Hey - isn't today your 1 year blogging anniversary?? CONGRATS!! :)
OMG I had pizza last night where the sauce was basically cheese soaked in ranch! Best ever.
I am addicted to the smell of rubbing alcohol. I find any excuse to use it - to clean my phone, to clean the window sill, to clean a cut.
Princess Diaries. What a fun movie!
I love watching The Princess Diaries, too.
Pizza's got your grains, your veggies, your proteins, and your dairy ... balanced diet right there! :-)
That's a fun post. Wanted to say thanks for your nice words about our remodel. It was a 5 year labor of love and you can come write in there anytime you like.
My confession is today I ate a really healthy breakfast and followed it up with large spoonful of Nutella!
The funny thing is...I think I ate pizza every day the week before! hahahaha! I love pizza. One day I had it for lunch and dinner and then again for lunch then next day. Awesome.
I love glass but I break a lot...okay, all of it. So I buy a lot to keep up with my breaking.
Mmmm. I def could eat pizza every day (and my kids wouldn't complain either!).
And I don't like taking baths. I always shower. I think it's because I'm too tall and get cold easily.
And a peach Bellini sounds delish!
I have Gettin' Jiggy With It on my iPod. And now your people and my husband know. And that's it.
Glassware is wonderful! Checking out Lush now. Might hate you for it ;)
Truth: I can't stop watching Grey's Anatomy! I scoffed and rolled my eyes for years at everyones obsession with this ridiculous show! And now, I have things to do...but I just can't stop hitting "next episode" on the remote!
I'm not the kind of mom to get down on the floor and play w/ my kids, and it makes me feel bad!
Oh, my heck, I love the boy on The Princess Diaries. He is hawt. Truth. :)
Jen!!! I am not going to lie either!! I wish i could have eaten pizza every day last week, it seems to be the one thing I crave most and the one thing I simply cannot keep down. Bummer!
Thanks for your awesome comment today by the way, and yes it sdoes make it sooo much more real and even more exciting!!!!
Pizza every day! You're a crazy woman! :)
Lush is a great store! But unlike you, I wouldn't call myself addicted. I could, however, totally eat pizza everyday. I'm not a cook either.
Hey, I used to love lush. I haven't done that in a long time, but their bath stuff is so much fun. Even my kids loved it when they were younger. Now, well, they don't take baths.
I can't believe Anne is going to be Catwoman.
I love lush, but I can't breathe in their stores.
My dear, I have missed you too!!!
Oh, On Monday, I had a medium pizza all by myself!! I had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner till the box was empty!! haha
I'm with you on the bellinis! Yum. And psst... I've been eating chocolate EVERY DAY since the new year.
Oh girl, I love Lush! My favorite products of theirs are the bubble bars (no specific scent) which make the BEST bubbles and they can last for as many baths as you want depending on how big a chunk you take to crumble under your running water. I'm also addicted to their "Honey I Washed the Kids" soap and "Flying Fox" body wash (both are honey scented and Flying Fox has jasmine in it along with honey)
When I finish school and no longer live in the dorm, I think I'll be living off pizza as well -- I can't cook to save my life!
Pizza every day? I'm in! :)
You are like me in that you can eat pizza everyday--I love pizza.
You are like my wife in your love for glassware. I swear my wife is obsessed with all things glass. She has a collection of goblets, hurricane glasses, stemware, or what have you and we rarely use any of it--it's just on display in a cabinet.
Congratulations on the news about your manuscript.
Tossing It Out
I dont eat Pizza is that weird enough for you?
I also have pretty much eaten pizza every day this week.
I don't have time for homework, but I make myself go to the gym every day. I'm beginning to think I'm shallow, but it's so nice just to focus on something PHYSICAL instead of wracking my brain all the time.
If I don't have time for homework, I don't have time for writing. I'm a full-time student and daydreaming author.
Nothing - nothing - is worse than realizing I've abandoned the things I love most. But school is overwhelming.
I really enjoy cake. :)
Those're my truths. :)
You changed the pictures of the letters in your blog title, didn't you?
If I've got everything in the house to make personal size pizzas, I'll eat them everyday. Been there, done that!!
OMG those bellinis were so good! You've definitely made me a bellini fan! And i love The Princess Diaries--I own the second one so I can swoon over Chris Pine any time I like :)
Good New York Style Pizza is my crack. Love it with a little grease dripping and some pepperoni topping. Lately its been blackened tilapia for weight loss. After meal treat nothing better than good NY Cheesecake with strawberries. Mmmm good, time to go eat!
Post a Comment