Statistically speaking... (no, really, the statistics for this blog say so)... you guys adore Thursdays posts. And though some of you are lurkers (i love you so), those who comment always tell me to keep at it. So I do. And I'm not sure why. I'm airing out the dirty laundry that normally should be swept under the rug. Though, I can't help myself. Your longing as me longing to share. That is our twisted relationship in a nutshell, isn't it?
Let's not waste time on introductions. If you're new WELCOME, if you're seasoned WELCOME.
1. I never, and I mean NEVER, use the end of a the toilet paper roll. I would be the one who throws just enough for one more use, and yet, I don't like too. Thank God for husbands.
2. I'm a sucker for the street corner needy people. When they gaze into my eyes and I have cash on hand by the end of the transaction I'm broke. I don't know what it is, after all, I'm not rolling in the dough here, but they get to me. What's frustrating is when I see them at the same corner every day... (that's when they're shoveling a wad of cash to someone else who needs more then they do.)
3. I saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn and I'm not afraid to tell the world. I was the nerdy girl in line at the special preview 8pm showing mocking all the midnighters for having to wait in line (I felt slightly guilty). It was delicious. Since I'm also a Harry Potter fan I giggled with joy when I saw it still had the highest midnight showing (yes I love HP more than Edward & Jacob...)
4. I have too many idea notebooks and not enough time. This could be fixed if I stopped baking so many delicious pies for the upcoming holidays, or put down the cookie dough... alas, I love my sweets, therefore I must learn to multi-task. Outline while eating cookie dough. Why hadn't I thought of that before?
5. I've never had a week long vacation (until two weeks ago). This isn't counting those family vacations, when you're sixteen, you'd like to forget about. No, I'm talking a delicious pool side vacation, mixed with amusement park fun (HP WORLD YO!) It was amazing and I can't wait to do it again... in ten years.
So, what are your truths? Are they as detailed and boring as mine are this week?
What is "truth" anyway? Severely overrated.
Wow, I never realized some people might have a problem with the end of the toilet roll! That's not boring at all!
My secret is that I've started wearing men's deodorant.
I used to 'multi-task' until the A key on my keyboard stopped working because of how much chocolate there was inside it. Now I'm on a diet I'm getting a pretty new keyboard for Christmas :-)
I went to see The Muppets yesterday and I'm not afraid to say it!
Secrets? Mhm I tell all on my blog anyway, so it is kind of hard to find one. Okay, here is one. It's after 3pm on Thanksgiving Day and I am still in my pajamas.
the nice thing about blogging - and secrets - is that it confirms two things. 1. Many of our "weird" habits, likes, and dislikes are pretty common after all. 2. No matter how strange we think we are, there's always someone a little bit worse :-)
I found your list enlightening and fun. I think it is simply cool that you would go see Twilight at the first showing. My daughters and granddaughters did too. And there is nothing better than a week's vacation except a two week vacation. Heaven on earth just to be away from the ordinary.
I love going to bingo with my 84 year old mom. We have so much fun and I find it exciting to try to make the right patterns and wait for the right numbers! A silly thing for a grown woman. But what the heck, it is the truth.
Oh I know that thing of not enough time! And I love to bake too!
so, so they go hand-in-hand?
Well your secrets aren't deep and dark, so there's something to be thankful for. Or else it means you're not getting out enough. One of those. (and if secrets get people to view and comment, hey, I'll jump on that wagon!)
I love how your blog is put together. I lurk a lot, though, I must admit. Your blog banner is very nice!
I think you should buy those TP rolls that don't have the cardboard tube in the middle.
I don't know if I would like a two week vacation.
I stopped lurking today. Eesh, you make it sound so dirty! LOL I consider myself a "blog-runner" like a marathoner. I try to read as long as I can, but I keep pushing toward the next mile… er blog.
Just so you know, I've had you linked on my blog for months - see I did put forth SOME effort.
I love your blog, and "lurking" WAS my dirty little secret.
Those aren't boring - it's always fun to hear about you! :)
I went to the Chihuli museaum in St. Petersburg, Florida wednesday, great blown glass art.
You are never boring, Jen.
Secrets? Hmmm. I ate two pieces of pie tonight after my kids went to bed. And sometimes I steal their left-over Halloween candy from the cupboard and hide while I'm eating it. I haven't been caught yet! Yes, I'm a deviant!!
You are so cute...that toilet paper thing cracks me up! I like Thursday truths because they bring out the real in you. This is very, very good.
Post a Comment