Friday, June 4, 2010

VIDEO BATTLE: Edward vs. Jacob and more!

Hello fellow peeps!

Real World:
Last night the hubs and I walked in the rain to the local ice cream shop. It was a ton of fun, something we haven't done in awhile. Tomorrow we are going to the annual Sandcastle even in Galveston and it should be a ton of fun!!

Thanks to living in Houston the weather has been hot and perfect for swimming, so the sun rays and beachwear await us! What are your plans this weekend?(How is it in your neck of the woods?)

WiP World:
WIP:Finding Me - Revisions: Yup still there, still trying to work through it all! One step at time, working on not getting discouraged. Since it's the first set of revisions I'm focusing strictly on flow, it hasn't gone well but I'm hoping that inspiration is around the corner.

WIP: Mystic - Writing First Draft: Still working on Mystic, still going rather slow. I hope to have a snippet to share with you on Monday so that we can get back to writings on the wall and tales from the notebook. The plan is still in place, but only when I have something to showcase!

WIP: Collector - He's been bothering me. I told the MC that I couldn't write him while the hubs was working overnights, he scared me too much. He's stopped being so patient and now has become quite the demanding little demon, which I appreciate since he's supposed to be evil, but the weird and terrifying dreams need to stop, so now that the hubs is home in the evenings I've spent time writing down his thoughts. Trust me he's a bossy man, but that's okay he needs to be, after all he is a serial killer.

Blogging World:
Still working well on the schedule I have set in place. As you know Monday's is still a little week but I've done my best to stay on course otherwise, and it's been really nice! Life has gotten busier and not near as structured as it used to be so I haven't had time to comment on as many blogs, but I'm glad to see you're all staying with me through the process.

Followers - I want to let everyone know that I'm close to 500 followers and I do have a big big contest plan for when I reach the BIG 500!! I hope you'll all stick around for the fun! So if you'd like to see the contest let all your buddies know to see if I can make it to 500 faster! I love the love and hope that it continues!!!

Video Battle:
This week's battle is the Twilight discussion, whose better Edward or Jacob? I know who I'd choose but I'm not sure who the others will see... but for now here's my video!!!



So what are you waiting for?? Go check out the other contestants to see who they've chosen!!!

Jessica - The Alliterative Allomorph
Candace - The Misadventures in Candyland
Sarah - T.J. Carson's Writing Endeavors
Katie - Creepy Query Girl
Shannon - Shannon McMahon
Rachel - Open a Window
Susan - Susan Fields
Clara - Pinches of Madness
Angela - Slushpile Slut
Jennie - Garden Full of Lily

38 comments:

Christina Lee said...

ooh a contest- can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! So wierd about your Collector MC, right? Sounds darn interesting though!

Christine Danek said...

Love the little video. Can't wait to read all your stuff. :) The collector sounds interesting.
Keep working --you're doing great.

JE said...

ARGH! My sound isn't working!! I soooo want to see the ladies argue about Edward and Jacob!!!!

Good luck on all you wip's. I normally can't work on more than one thing at a time, so I am in awe of you ;-)

~JD

Susan Fields said...

"I'll take my six pack hottie and leave you with your beast" - love it! Great job, I'm still laughing. :)

Congrats on almost 500 followers - so exciting! My in-laws are visiting this weekend - should be fun, but won't leave a whole lot of time for writing or blogging. I guess real life has to come first, right? :)

Anonymous said...

both sides are so true, and funny!
hahah




LOVE!

Aubrie said...

What a cute video! The funny part is that I think people really do have this conversation all the time!

Anyways, I took a cruise out of Galveston once. What a great city!

kah said...

LOL. Loved the video. I'm pretty pasty myself so maybe that's why I'm Team Edward.

Hope you gets lots of writing done this weekend, but have fun at the Sandcastle event.

I'll be at Disney talking books and writing with SCBWI folks. :)

Jaydee Morgan said...

Good job on all the WIP's - even if it's slow, it's still progress!

And good luck hitting that 500 mark - it's going to be in no time at all!

Your videos are always so much fun to watch. Have a great weekend!

Talli Roland said...

500 followers! Go girl! That's incredible.

Um... can you please explain to me what's fun about walking in the rain? :)

Have a great weekend Jen! And oh, I love Galveston. Have some gumbo for me, yum!

Jessica Bell said...

Good luck with the writing Jen. Cool vid :)

Tahereh said...

yay contest!! :D

can't wait!!

Portia said...

Ha! Loved the Edward v Jacob--true and funny! Love the weekly duke outs!

Mary Aalgaard said...

Sounds like you're working hard. I like the conversation you're having with your bad guy. I imagine that would be unsettling when you're home alone. Congrats on nearly reaching 500. How exciting!

angelarene said...

Hysterical Jen!! Thanks for all your help with the video even if it didn't pan out!! Can't wait to see what other idea you have brewing!

mi said...

WOW!
three wips at one time?

i can barely handle my one! haha!

Creepy Query Girl said...

lol- yeah, edward was pretty pasty in that last movie and jacob was 'earthy' sex appeal. 'sigh'. Can't wait for your contes!

Lisa_Gibson said...

Love the video. I'm totally laughing about how long their arms are though.
Hang in there on revisions.

Avo said...

Walking in the rain for ice cream! That's a brilliant idea!
And the sandcastle event sounds like fun too!

I can't say anything about the twilight video because I have neither read nor seen any of them... But judging from the descriptions of sparkly blood sucker to body-built beastman in your video, I probably wouldn't want to. ; p

Kenda Turner said...

Congratulations on your "almost" 500 followers. Count me in. I'll enjoy keeping up with your writing journey. But three WIPs at the same time? I'll have to learn from you, too :-)

Thanks for the follow to my blog. It was great to see you there! Have a wonderful weekend...

Anonymous said...

"Are you freakin'..?" I was giggling and then that line made me laugh out loud for some reason! I love all of these videos.

Sounds like your creative well is over flowing. Congrats on where you are at with your WIP's and I look forward to celebrating your 500 followers with you!

Lindsay said...

Heehee. Great vid.

Looking forward to the contest. Gonna be so much fun. ;)

Shannon Messenger said...

Aw, good luck with the writing. And LOVE the video!

Have a great weekend!

Rachel said...

Great job Jen. Thanks for a fun topic that as other said often comes up in regular conversation. I always find it interesting why people choose which side. Have a great weekend, right now we have blue skies, but it's supposed to be in the high 70's all weekend with a chance of thunderstorms at some point every day.

Vicki Rocho said...

500? That's fantastic!!! Can't wait to see what you've got in the works to celebrate!

Anne Lorys said...

Hi Jen,
Congrats on approaching 500 followers, I'm not surprised at all. You have a darling blog!

Thanks so much for the visit, give Lynx and Ellie a hug for me!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Anne

Diane J. said...

Come on 500!

Oooh, that Collector sounds like it's going to be fantastic.

I'm amazed at how you can juggle three wips. I just started a book, I'm at 7,011 words. Sometimes, I think it's doing well, other times, I'm shocked at horrid it sounds, LOL. But, I've done enough reading so I have to try or I'll never learn.

So, I'm not much for Twilight, how about Edward vs. Johnny Depp? I love these cartoon videos.

Have an awesome weekend and I hope the MC let's you get some rest.

Jennie Bailey said...

All the videos this week were so good! I'm really going to miss this contest. I actually bought points so I could publish before I knew that you were canceling it! It was only $5. Well worth it for my own entertainment!

Congrats on being close to 500! Let's push to get you there. I can hardly wait to see what that contest is going to be!

Have a great weekend!

MTeacress said...

I still can't get over how funny those computer voices sound! "How Lam-ay is that? I'll take my six pack beast..." TahHa!

Carolyn V. said...

We had one of those computer calls on the phone today, and all I could do is compare it to the mini movies! How funny! And yes, Edward is pasty.

Can't wait to see your contest! =)

Melissa said...

Thank you for both the follow and the comment on the comic. I hope you enjoy the rest in the series as much as the first.

Hilarious movie. I was laughing hard (Ramona was beside me and she was laughing along as well).

Also, wow, your a champ - three WIP all at once? I'm writing a trilogy and I do bits and pieces on two and three but that's all in the same world. I can't imagine switching between so many. Though, I am super intrigued by your book the Collector.

I want to know more about it. So I guess that means I'll help you on your quest to 500.

Eva said...

Team Jacob here :)

And I have to say I love that you talk about your MCs like they are real and living in your head. That's where mine live. It's hard to decide what's more difficult, when they go into hiding and refuse to inspire us, or when they won't stop talking and beg to be written about.

And good luck with revisions. I'm all too familiar with that phase at the moment. I find it hard to keep the inspiration flowing once the book is done... rough draft anyway. I always have the urge to start a new project. That's probably why I have three other novels just collecting dust.

India Drummond said...

I thought the bit about not being able to work on a project when the hubs was gone was so funny, because I can relate! There are certain tvb shows and books I can't deal with when i'm home alone too! I'm such a wuss!

Ann said...

great little video.
well done on nearly 500 followers. Wow! what an achievement. Enjoy your weekend.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Well done! I had no idea that you guys had something like this going on on Fridays...Very cool!

Missed Periods said...

I can't believe you're working on three works. I am impressed.

Shannon said...

I can't believe you're almost at 500 followers! You're insane! Insane I say! :)

Guinevere said...

Wow, congrats on being almost to 500 followers!

I could never pick between Edward and Jacob in the books. In the movies, Jacob definitely won out. (And yes, I'm too old to have an opinion on this)

Kimberly Franklin said...

LOL. I love this!! Such a great idea, Jen. You made my day!!

"At least he doesn't smell like a dog!" LOL. Loved it!!