Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seriously... People Rock

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for making my very first blogfest such a successful one! You guys were amazing!

I was fortunate enough to read some of your very special stories, those snippets that you've been revising for quite sometime and those who were brand new trying it out for size.

You allowed everyone to guess even though the character you envisioned could have been entirely different and rather than sticking your head in the sand you laughed along with the rest of us on what people guessed!

I had a ton of fun, and if another creative idea pops into my head you bet I'll be posting all about it and I hope you'll join me in another awesome blog fest!!!

So for those who have yet to see all that is awesome here is Part One, Part Two, and the Participants.

Next blog fest I'm joining in on is Emily White's Fairy Tale Blogfest on August 30th, it's going to be wild!!!

On even MORE exciting news I wanted to tell you about my good friend Jessica over at The Alliterative Allomorph! She is holding an amazing contest built just for writers, published and unpublished! You'd be donating to an AMAZING cause and along the way set yourself up for some AMAZING prizes!!! Trust me, it's worth a look-see!

So bounce around the blogosphere and make sure you stop by all the awesome!!! Make sure to check out my sidebar for all the other awesome giveaways around town!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

29 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Thanks so much for the mention, Jen! You're a gem! Ooh that rhymes! ;o)

Emily White said...

Thanks for the love, Jen! You're so sweet! :D

Bethany Elizabeth said...

The blogfest was amazing! It was such a creative idea, I can't wait for the next one. :)

mshatch said...

I really loved this idea and while I did not enter your contest I kinda borrowed it to spark some creativity at Inkwell. I hope you don't mind! I did mention your blog:)

ps love your little snippet 'about you.'

Summer Ross said...

You did a great job hosting it, thank you.

Matthew MacNish said...

It sure was a blast, even if I didn't take part. Thanks Jen!

Bidisha said...

You have a great blog, Jen!
Thanks for all the links :)

Sarah Callejo said...

I love the idea of the Blogfest, it's great!

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Absolutely Jen, you provided and we all had a great masked ball!

Shall keep an eye out for another blogfest, they're gonna be getting thin on the ground soon. Though having said that, there is Dawn's Word Painting blogfest coming up. Can't remember the url off hand, but the banner is on my blog. It's a blogfest about descriptive writing - painting pictures with words!

Be nice to see someone host a "killer" blogfest - everyone having to write from the killer's POV, not necessarily human! ;)

best
F

M. said...

I am sooo sad that I couldn't play. Total bummer. Maybe I will have my stuff together for the next one!!! Fingers crossed!!! :)

Kimberly Franklin said...

Have a great weekend, Jen!!

Terri Tiffany said...

I love your enthusiasm!! Enjoy your weekend!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Your blogfest was amazing! Kudos to you and all who participated!

Jemi Fraser said...

I really enjoyed the entries in your blog fest! Congrats again on hosting such a terrific event :)

Lisa Gail Green said...

Unfortunately I only caught a few posts but I loved it! It was tons of fun.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss jen! that was my first ever blog fest. it was soooo much fun. but i gotta tell you it was lots of work going to all those blogs and reading and then guessing. i only did maybe half of them. i cant think how you did them all. yikes! im up now cause i woke up from a night mare and now its almost 2. its thundering outside. now im going back to my bed. i hope you have a real happy sunday. were going to my cousins swimming.
...hugs from lenny

JournoMich said...

Great Blogfest, Jen! Thank you for holding it. As for my Part II...it didn't post yesterday, but it's up now. D**n blogger! Anyway, your Blogfest was a success!

Michele

Alissa Grosso said...

That was a great idea for a blogfest, and you did a fantastic job of organizing it. I didn't really have anything suitable with which to take part, but maybe next time!

Angie said...

Ditto to what Alissa said!

Nicole Murray said...

No, thank you! This was such a great fest. Thank you.

Talli Roland said...

It was so much fun, Jen! Thank you so much for organising it! :)

Jai Joshi said...

I'm glad it went to well!

Jai

roh morgon said...

Oh, I'm so sorry I missed this one! Looks like it was a lot of fun, for both the writers and the commenters. I'm certainly enjoying reading the entries.

Also - since you're into blogfests, I thought I'd let you know about my first one that I'm hosting called the September's Back-to-School Daze Blogfest on September 15. Stop by and check it out!

http://www.rohmorgon.com/blog/?p=696

And thanks for hosting the Guess That Character Blogfest - what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Your blogfest truly was awesome. Thanks for holding it! :D

Jackee said...

Thanks for the links! I'm on my way to check out the fairy tale blogfest! :o)

Have a great week, Jen!

Alexandra said...

Was late for this, but read back on it, and what a fun idea. You organized it so well. very cool.

Jillian said...

I HAD SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

XOXOX

Rose Cooper said...

this was my first blogfest, and certainly not my last. It was soooo much fun, Jen. THANK YOU!!!

Unknown said...

I have you to thank for a lot of comments, 20 new followers, and a whole lot of fun for two days!

Awesome blogfest, and hope you do another one soon!